Ive been away..have you missed me?

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Well been a long time since i visited the forum,probably because I will admit I let me head drop a bit after a fail on my first PJFT on the 24th October :shock:

Basically I got a 10.19 .I went off a bit fast and started to struggle later on-probably didnt help that I havent done any running for the month and a bit leading up to the test do to an injury-my fault I should have told them I hadnt trained but I thought I might just scrape through,even on a return from an injury

Ive got a retake in a couple of weeks-in some ways im happy knowing im not that far off making the PJFT (19 secs)

I know im going to get a flaming off some of the guys on here for not saying I was coming back from an injury but at the time I thought it was the right thing to do
:roll:

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Globe, unlucky mate, thing is to climb back on and crack it out next time.

Whatever the injury was I'm not sure if it wasn't the right thing to do. I might get corrected by certain AFCO's but at £15 a pop roughly for a PJFT. You were right to have a bash at it even if you were coming back from an injury (As long as you didn't feel any pain while doing the PJFT)

I hope this is not the type of place to give people who fall a bit short a blasting, you know where you went wrong and as long as you know for the second go, you should be o.k. If you don't know where you went wrong and come up short, there are people on here who'll be able to give you some better running / training advice.

No one is able to make you feel worse than you already do, but crack back on and next time you'll get the benefits.

All the best

GreyWing

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ack dont worry about it mate we all make mistakes and do things based on what seems right at the time. Hindsight is a fantastic thing!!

The important thing is to learn from this experience show a little more respect for injuries and get to know your capabilites a bit better :-D The good thing is you were only 19secs out so a little more training and you'll be there.

So mate welcome back and get cracking hammer that PJFT and move onto your PRMC :-D

Good Luck.

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Cheers guys

I know I can get well under the 10min mark-I used to get well under 9mins when i was in the TA,maybe just the lay off for 6 weeks caught me out along with I went out a bit fast,slowed in the middle then tried to make back the time for a scrape through. :wink:

I know I shouldnt have done it but I just thought to give it a go

Well ive got 20 days to get back to fitness-As for the PRMC it wont be till well after Christmas now as ive got a holiday booked early on next year.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Twelve months ago, 10:19 would have been a reasonable pass as 10:45 used to be the target.

The only thing I would suggest to anyone is that if you are carrying an injury, do not go on PJFT or PRMC as it is still classed as a fail.

The problem there is that any RM applicant failing a PJFT is going to be under the spotlight second time around & may give rise to querying your suitability to undergo PRMC - it's well worth doing a practice run the day before to make sure any injury is resolved- if it isn't you can cancel, rather than fail. Anyone who attends and fails two PJFT's is probably going to have to do a lot of convincing before being allowed on a PRMC.

No pressure there then, eh?

Good luck!

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Damn Globe, I assumed you got it, hence why we never heard back from you. Just FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS. This is something you need to devote your life too. Just make to push yourself right to the end buddy, like they say, pain is only temporary, green beret lasts forever.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
GreyWing said:
Whatever the injury was I'm not sure if it wasn't the right thing to do. I might get corrected by certain AFCO's but at £15 a pop roughly for a PJFT. You were right to have a bash at it even if you were coming back from an injury (As long as you didn't feel any pain while doing the PJFT)

GreyWing
Ninja_Stoker said:
The only thing I would suggest to anyone is that if you are carrying an injury, do not go on PJFT or PRMC as it is still classed as a fail.

The problem there is that any RM applicant failing a PJFT is going to be under the spotlight second time around & may give rise to querying your suitability to undergo PRMC - it's well worth doing a practice run the day before to make sure any injury is resolved- if it isn't you can cancel, rather than fail. Anyone who attends and fails two PJFT's is probably going to have to do a lot of convincing before being allowed on a PRMC.

No pressure there then, eh?
Good point Ninja didn't think of that point of view, yep once you think about it from a recruitment point of view, it certainly would be better postponing it.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
To be honest, unless you have a practice run, there's no way of telling that you're up to speed (pardon the pun).

I can entirely understand the reason for giving it a go, particularly as you have done it in well under that time previously.

The cost, as Greywing says, is of little consequence but PRMC costs considerably more & the AFCO is looking for evidence that you are worth the risk. It's most certainly not the end of the world, but it is important to pass 2nd time.

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ah sorry to hear that, must have put a bit of a downer on it, at least you know its only 19 seconds though and youll smash it next time!

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
There are plenty of ways but what i did was run for 9 minites at 15.5 mph then at 9 minite mark sprint 17mph you will come in at 9.22. That was my practice run on the acctual morning i took a turn for the worst and ended up at 9.45 i dunno what the reasons was and it nele killed me, guess was just haveing a bad day oh well pass is a pass n im now 29 days away from RT. Yall be fine mate.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
LC, good luck on Recruit Training fella.

There's nine lads from Merseyside on your intake that I'm aware of!

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
dont worry mate chin up and just keep going youll be fine