January 4th ROP start date

Jobbers

Reaction score
Been given this as my start date, anyone else on this intake?

happy to give advice to anyone who needs also.

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
If you scroll down you will see a list of similar threads. It appears @Haze97 has asked the same question.

Best of luck, it will soon come round!

Marvin225

Reaction score
Hi, how long did it take from submitting your medical form to getting the ROP date? I was TMU because the optician form wasn't properly filled. I submitted the last one on 9th of October, I haven't gotten any response since then

ZEDJAYESS

Reaction score
Been given this as my start date, anyone else on this intake?

happy to give advice to anyone who needs also.
Hi mate
I’m on the same date and there’s a few others we are in a group chat if you would like me to add you to it?

Jobbers

Reaction score
Hi, how long did it take from submitting your medical form to getting the ROP date? I was TMU because the optician form wasn't properly filled. I submitted the last one on 9th of October, I haven't gotten any response since then
Hi mate, i had to appeal against a PMU and it took 2 months to go through, a TMU might be quicker, i found turnaround on my opticians form was quite quick when they asked me to re-do it as specsavers didnt stamp it.

jwcompound

Reaction score
Does anyone know the current waiting time for the VPJFT? I passed the triage yesterday and my afco is away until the 2nd Nov. Looking to book it as soon as he’s back. Thanks in advance

Jobbers

Reaction score
Does anyone know the current waiting time for the VPJFT? I passed the triage yesterday and my afco is away until the 2nd Nov. Looking to book it as soon as he’s back. Thanks in advance
When they get your doctors notes and theyre all good you’ll have the opportunity to book the vpjft if youre ready and then its about a two week wait.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I can see no reason why you would need to wait for your individual careers adviser to return from leave before your application may move forward. Any Careers Adviser in any careers office can confirm your medical status and move your application to the next stage.

johno4

Reaction score
I can see no reason why you would need to wait for your individual careers adviser to return from leave before your application may move forward. Any Careers Adviser in any careers office can confirm your medical status and move your application to the next stage.

Ninja in your experience does the application proccess generally slow down over the holiday period ? (As I assume CTC Lympstone closes and the AFCO's go on leave ?)

Got my vpjft in 2 weeks (and since we are now getting closer to christmas I hope i won't have to wait too long for a rop start date after due to the holidays)

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Ninja in your experience does the application proccess generally slow down over the holiday period ? (As I assume CTC Lympstone closes and the AFCO's go on leave ?)

Got my vpjft in 2 weeks (and since we are now getting closer to christmas I hope i won't have to wait too long for a rop start date after due to the holidays)
The only time the AFCO's actually close down completely each year is over the Christmas & New Year. This is usually a two week 'block leave' period however one year they staggered it in the larger offices, I believe, so there was some cover available inbetween the bank holidays.

Of course, this being 2020, literally nothing would surprise me. There was talk of encouraging service personnel to take 3 weeks leave due to the fact the covid remote working routines, people had not been taking their leave since they were at home anyway and travel was restricted at times.

The other related thing this year, in order to manage realistic aspirations, is that although recruiting and training in the Royal Navy and Royal Marines was not completely stopped (unlike other services), applications are up by 30% but Covid-19 outbreaks have had a significant effect on training capacity. The snag at present is recruits returning from leave from higher than average infected regions are more likely to return with the virus and unwittingly disrupt the training pipeline, pushing back recruit troop start dates.

In short, be prepared for delays and setbacks but remain fit and optimistic.

johno4

Reaction score
The only time the AFCO's actually close down completely each year is over the Christmas & New Year. This is usually a two week 'block leave' period however one year they staggered it in the larger offices, I believe, so there was some cover available inbetween the bank holidays.

Of course, this being 2020, literally nothing would surprise me. There was talk of encouraging service personnel to take 3 weeks leave due to the fact the covid remote working routines, people had not been taking their leave since they were at home anyway and travel was restricted at times.

The other related thing this year, in order to manage realistic aspirations, is that although recruiting and training in the Royal Navy and Royal Marines was not completely stopped (unlike other services), applications are up by 30% but Covid-19 outbreaks have had a significant effect on training capacity. The snag at present is recruits returning from leave from higher than average infected regions are more likely to return with the virus and unwittingly disrupt the training pipeline, pushing back recruit troop start dates.

In short, be prepared for delays and setbacks but remain fit and optimistic.

Thanks Ninja

I actually wasnt even aware the other services stopped recruiting.

I will keep cracking on as recommended.

CallMeLucifer

Reaction score
I don't think I was given a specific date apart from early January. So I assume I am also in the same boat? Looking forward to the sleepless nights that await.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
4th January too

Are you lads just being allocated this or has it been a while since you got it? I've been told I should be getting my med appeal back in the next few days and hoping because I lost my September start date I will be able to jump into a date ASAP

Grimey Arches

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Are you lads just being allocated this or has it been a while since you got it? I've been told I should be getting my med appeal back in the next few days and hoping because I lost my September start date I will be able to jump into a date ASAP
I would doubt you'd get this date but I could be wrong, due to the covid outbreak and reshuffle of troops lads who were meant to starr in November/December got pushed back to this date and ones following.

Always a chance of someone bottling it or picking up an injury/illness so possible cancellations.

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
The 4th of January won’t be long coming round. Have a sensible Christmas and don’t slack too much. Start getting your minds in gear as 2021 is going to get off to an explosive start for you guys.

Grimey Arches

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
The 4th of January won’t be long coming round. Have a sensible Christmas and don’t slack too much. Start getting your minds in gear as 2021 is going to get off to an explosive start for you guys.
No doubt a very cold one as well, my money is on us having snow this year.