jaw problems

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ok hi guys i am asking would a jaw problem affect me joining the marines one side of my jaw is growing a tiny bit faster than the other so it is not straight you cant really notice it if your talking with me and stuff only a little bit if your looking for it, it dose not affect my breather or eating or anything at all really. *text deleted* been to a dental guy in a hospital about it and hes checking it as i grow to see if it get worst because if it gets really bad.. i hope not.. but it could make me look like a retard or summink *text deleted* and the doc was mentioning braking my jaw and doing some sort of surgery on it and 2bh i dont really want that i dont really trust them and i can see them *text deleted**text deleted*ing up and i can speak or some thing. i hope it don't get bad and i am 16 now so i ain't really going to grow a missive amount more i guess. also my jaw is not weak from it *text deleted* taken a few good punches on the jaw and been ok .

i am just worried it will stop my app :(

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cant imagine it being a problem at all mate! i dont know how much or how quickly your jaw grows but loads of people have that and is never a problem! wouldnt worry about it! well i would like if you couldnt close your mouth or something! *text deleted*

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
ah yeah :) sometimes u can fell it rub on the right side but its not a problem i think ill just let it be i dont really want a op to brake my jaw to remake it the right size or what ever they will do

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Again, the definitive guidence on medical suitability for service can only be given by the Medical Examiner at your local AFCO.

Whilst anecdotal experience or opinion is doubtless well intentioned, every case is different and even a Doctor would be reluctant to give a definitive answer on a website without first reading your medical history.

That said, Good Luck- don't let it put you off applying otherwise you'll always wonder "what if?".