jaw

stewie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hey guys playin rugby tuesday nite and went to tackle the biggest guy there and came off worst. so much so he gave me a broken jaw. anyway went hospital and i had a op to put a metal plate in it. u dont think that this will prevent me from passing my medical?
chrz stewie

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You have to wait a year before attending PRMC or RT if you have had an op I think. Ask Briggfoot because he had a plate put in his jaw and that has delayed his application

stewie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ah bummer well as i havent applied yet i supose it will give a bit longer to get fit chrz tho
stewie

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Like i said, i think that is what happens. Look it up. But i think it is with any operation, you can't apply or take part in the physical side of the application process until 12 months after the op. Ask Ninja, he might know.

stewie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
to be honest i dont actually know how it happened but it was his elbow. i can play rugby after christmas again so i not sute if the 12 months will actually apply. nija can u share some light on this?
stewie

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hi Stewie,
Yeah i think it is 12 months mate:wacko: The medical guidelines say 12 months from the date of any bone or joint operations, including a broken jaw repair.

But worth asking your AFCO or whatever anyway for a second oppinion anyway i think....It's annoying, as a broken jaw isn't as debilitating as lets say a broken leg, which would be more prone to break again in tough phys sessions!

good luck!