Jesus Christ

brummielad

Reaction score
Im 5 '' 11 and i am currently 14 stone. Now my arms are pretty muscly but my belly really isnt at all im really wide and basically i am fat. Now according to my b.m.i i need to get down to 12.5 stone! Now i have never ever been a skinny kid i ll always be " big" so what am i meant to do to get my weight down to that or try tone up becuase as i said i ll never be skinny i ve always carried a bit of weight on me. I thought aiming for about 13 stone would be enough but cleary it isnt and now i am really panicking!

Reaction score
Eat less, exercise more...
Cut out all the *text deleted**text deleted* you eat, don't drink alcohol, run run then run some more.
Lots of fruit and veg...sorted.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Im 5 '' 11 and i am currently 14 stone. Now my arms are pretty muscly but my belly really isnt at all im really wide and basically i am fat. Now according to my b.m.i i need to get down to 12.5 stone! Now i have never ever been a skinny kid i ll always be " big" so what am i meant to do to get my weight down to that or try tone up becuase as i said i ll never be skinny i ve always carried a bit of weight on me. I thought aiming for about 13 stone would be enough but cleary it isnt and now i am really panicking!
Follow the advice given,
and don't worry too much about BMI,
they take it into account if you are stocky,
try and get down to 13,
and that should be fine as long as you can do well on upper body, core and running exercises.

Joe

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
brummielad, sounds like you have the same sort of natural build as me and i'd guess you're in your twenties. although cardiff is right i'm sure you're aware it's not that simple. just go running 5 times a week for 5-7 miles (build up to it if you have to) and avoid eating sh*t at night. if you get late night munchies eat a carrot or just go to bed. it'll work. that being said i'm around 14 stone now and my BF% is only 11% so i wouldn't stress too much about BMI

brummielad

Reaction score
yeah i have been running loads ( not 5 miles though, i ll start that distance this week) i ve also cut out cheese, milk, chocolate all of which are my usual biggest downfalls. Does anyone know anything about the British Heart Foundation Diet, apparently you lose 10 pounds in 3 days. Im just getting pissed off its not going off quicker i really need to start shedding the pounds i ve lost 5 pounds so far in about a 2 weeks. Im aiming for 13 but losing a stone is going to take time and i get disheartened very easily *text deleted* dont ask why i just do:eek:

t00old4this

Reaction score
Hi mate, like the other guys have said, dont stress about it. I work in a local hospital, and was worried about the same thing a year ago when doing my marines medical. Im 5 "9 and used to weigh in at 13st8, a nutritionist i worked with gave me a great temporary (and i mean temporay) solution so i could impress the medical when i had it. basicaly i cut the protein right out of my diet, one of my 4 meals a day would have protien in it but that would be it, just eat carbs fruit and veg and maybe a bannana after a workout. what this does is when your body needs energy it will eat some of your muscle tissue, and without protien to replenish it your natural bodymass will decrease and you will loose weight. this only works if you are doing a good workout, if not those carbs will just turn to fat. this worked for me, i would not tell you to do this, but its an option...

brummielad

Reaction score
Does anyone know about the diet supplements you get from argos work or not? And that british heart foundation diet i was on a bout is meant to be good but can be a bit dodgy.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know about the diet supplements you get from argos work or not? And that british heart foundation diet i was on a bout is meant to be good but can be a bit dodgy.
I think you're best of sticking to exercise mate,
as has been said,
eat well,
3/4 good meals,
no crap,
and get in plenty of exercise,
diets are usually pretty crap.

Joe

t00old4this

Reaction score
Again suppliments in my opinion are ok for a temporary sollution, but everything you need as far as diet is concerned is availible to add or cut out naturally. I havnt used them personaly but alot of people do and "claim" to have good results, but you wont know til you try. Dont know anything about the heart foundation diet tho. Is your weight goin to keep you from continuing with your app? if so then try eveything and see what works for you, just be prepaired to wait 3-6 weeks for any real difference. when i went to my medical after loosing 13 ponds my fat percentage was 23% which is clinically obese (for my height) on the chart but the doc could see i was fit and well. experiment, get yer mom to buy lean meats, bake stuff dont fry it, have egg whites instead of yolks, brown bread instead of white, train hard you will see the results i promise, all these sorts of things will all help and its natural.

brummielad

Reaction score
i ve been having a bannana for breakfast and a weight watchers meal for dinner an just a youghurt or apple for a snack. My metabolism has slowed down loads *text deleted* im worried if i eat 3 meals a day i wont loose jack *text deleted**text deleted* so im basically eating 700 calories a day maximum.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
i ve been having a bannana for breakfast and a weight watchers meal for dinner an just a youghurt or apple for a snack. My metabolism has slowed down loads *text deleted* im worried if i eat 3 meals a day i wont loose jack *text deleted**text deleted* so im basically eating 700 calories a day maximum.
I know you're trying to lose weight,
but considering you are supposed to have 2500 a day,
and that's with only a bit of exercise,
700 with a lot of exercise probably isn't healthy.

Joe

t00old4this

Reaction score
wow, 700 max?!?!? Im not an expert but I just showed my collegue (nutritionist) your last post and she nearly fell off her seat, you need at the very least 1000 calories a day to loose weight healthily. go careful brumbrum, i dont want to see you on the news as the first anorexic marine, it will rival the first transsexual Para!

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Eating few big meals isn't the way to go to lose fat, you need it eat about 6 small healthy meals a day so your body is constantly being fed, but you should never feel full, just not hungry. This way your bodies metabolism will increase and you won't be storing fat as your body is always getting what it needs, coupled with a good exercise program incuding plenty of cardio then you should begin to cut down quite quickly.
If for example you just ate one big meal a day then your body would see this as the only food your getting so will start to store away energy, fat, for later use.
Diet is hard to get right but if it is grasped and regularly practised then it will work wonders.

emerson88

Reaction score
I heard that during the royal marines training you consume around 5000 calories per day as that is what your body will burn due to all the excercise.

I would say try not to focus on losing weight specifically, as long as you eat healthily and train a lot you will be fine. I'm sure it's not healthy to consume 700 calories per day whilst training every day.

That B.M.I has been proven innaccurate, it does not take into account muscle, which weighs more than fat. According to the B.M.I most proffesional rugby players are overweight and 'unhealthy' and that is obviously not true.

Cut out the booze, eat well, lot's of excercise.

Diet - High carbohydrate (slow release energy) eg. pasta, potato, porridge

High Protein (muscle repair) eg. meat, fish, nuts

Low fat eg. processed meat, fast food

brummielad

Reaction score
i feel fine only eating what i do daily it feels enough but thats maybe becuase i drink alot of water which fills me up.

Im basically having

Bannanas X2
Weigh*text deleted**text deleted*chers meal
Few Rich Teas
Apple
And Load of Water

Should i add porrige or a wheatabix into this? I didnt see any side effects so far just that im not going to the toilet very much at all haha. I didnt think this was unhealthy becuase people say burn off more calories than wat you take in so if i eat 1000 calories a day i have to burn 1100 calories off which seems rather hard to do daily.

t00old4this

Reaction score
No no no, over a 24 hr period your body will need sufficient calories to even work, just being sat in front of my computer in my office i will use about 500 - 650 calories in an 8 hour shift. Every thing you do burns calories, heart beating, breathing, fingers typing etc. the rda of calories is a generalisation yes, but there is a reason you are encouraged to eat 2500 calories as a man, and that is simply because that is what is required to keep you mentaly and physicaly healthy over a 24 hr period. you can fine tune your motabolism to burn more calories whilst resting but it takes a while. when people say, to loose weight you need to burn more calories than you eat they are not wrong its just how you go about doing that, if i eat 2000 calories a or say 1500 before my evening sesh i will deduct 500 from that from just being alive, i will do an hour on the bike, that burns 500, a bit on the rowing machine, thats another 200, and then the run home, another 300. Diet is a really personal thing and everyone reacts differently to changes they make. Im not trying to preach to you, i only know this about myself because of the environment i work in and the fact that im probably older than you and have learnt the hard way.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
brummielad one way or another you need to get your CV up if 5 miles is too far to run, going on a restricted calorie diet that much is obscene and counter productive. if you want to do something like that you should be eating 500 cals less than you need to maintain mass (EG average guy needs 2500, eat 2000), per day and up your CV exercises. otherwise if you starve yourself you're going to weaken yourself to a point where you have to train even harder just to get to a decent level of fitness. not only that but your body will go into starvation mode and store any calories it can.
Go here to work out how many calories you need before exercise, thermal control etc
http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4894&highlight=metabolic+rate
(the links on post 7)

brummielad

Reaction score
I can run 5 miles but im not doing that at the moment i ve only rdcently started training so im building myself up gradually if you know what i mean. Thanks for putting me straight on the burn off more than you eat bit *text deleted* im going to eat at least 1000 a day now see if anything changes but i am quite comfortable eating 700 calories i dont feel weak or anything. Any more tips would be welcome lads.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Wouldnt worry mate im the same.....i dont think ill ever shift my belly. But im still fit so im happy

brummielad

Reaction score
What comes atfer the phycometric test lads? And can i put my medical off untill i lose the weight i want to reach?