Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Joining and British Citizenship

Discussion in 'Overseas Section' started by Kub98, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Kub98

Kub98 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi fellas,

I am committed to applying for the role of a Royal Marine Officer, but am currently unable to due to nationality - I am Polish, but have lived here for the since I was 6, for the past 14 years. I am starting the process of applying for a British citizenship as passport before joining, but I'd like to know if the Royal Navy has any resources to help with the process.

Would it be possible for myself to enlist and join before completing my citizenship, for example if I were to enlist and the Navy was to take care of the citizenship? Or does it operate on me applying with an already existing citizenship?

Much respect and thank you very much,
    Kub

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Welcome to the site.

Applications can only be processed once the eligibility criteria is met and unfortunately the responsibility for meeting the eligibility criteria is entirely that of the applicant.

The service cannot and will not sponsor individuals expressing a wish to join the Royal Marines simply because of the fact there will be a dozen or more individuals claiming all sorts of outlandish aspirations simply to gain legitimate UK residency, for every genuine applicant such as yourself.

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 2
  3. Kub98

Kub98 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Spot on, thank you Ninja.

Going off that, do you by any chance know if I am able to begin the application process once I have applied and been granted a citizenship, but I do not physically have it yet?

• Seen Seen x 1
  4. MORP

MORP Member

You'll have to speak to your local AFCO, they'll know the specifics of the eligibility criteria.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

You need to be eligible to be processed, otherwise people could claim to the passport authority that the Navy is insisting the passport is issued so you can join. We're not, we are saying there is no job guarantee but to apply and undergo selection, you must first meet the eligibility criteria.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1