joining as an officer.

Duffy 93

Reaction score
If i joined as an officer, would the troops respect me? i dont mean respect my rank, i mean me as a person, just that i am getting the grades in school to go onto college etc.

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I would say sp, as you have to go through that bit more to get your lid.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
As a person? Well that all depends on the person doesn't it. There are the really great Officers, who speak quite clearly, are able to keep everyone motivated and make them laugh, then there are those that are pompous and humourless, I guess it just depends.

From their training they will respect your rank, will call you 'Sir' and salute etc but they may want you dead deep down!

S

Sotiris

Erm...a bit of a stupid question. You're asking complete strangers what they think a group of complete strangers would think about a complete stranger in a hypothetical situation. You see the strange-ness?

And why on earth would they disrespect you because you had good qualification?????????

Duffy 93

Reaction score
erm... sorry but i have just heared of a few people that, you get hardly any respect from the troops if your fresh out of POC no matter what.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well someone 'fresh' out of the POC has not yet even began training or even attempted the AIB yet, so why would they show respect to a civvie who hasn't started training?

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* at this thread....but mate anyone who completes the 3O miler in under seven hours gets alot of respect in my book

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
....seriously....sometimes people must think that the whole population on this site are mindreaders/military historians/doctors/lawyers/life coaches.

seriously dude....what kind of question is that...but the long and short of it is (without knowing anything about you) that if you question weather people respect you or not, then they probably dont.

S

Sotiris

Uh oh...duffy....is that a Green Beret you're wearing in your avatar?

I've heard that's reeeally bad luck.

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
you guys what i think hes trying to say is....
are officers straigt out of YO training respected as much as say a marine who has gained a corps comission?

S

Sotiris

Haha my bad...maybe I'm colour blind, but it does look green!

Well, if that's what you were trying to say then why didn't you? Your first question was quite different.

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
but i would change it as it could make you look like a proper douche....*text deleted*