Joining as regular marine with a degree...

samo_15

Reaction score
First of all hello to everyone on here, just doing my first research into becoming a Royal Marine...however I am in my second year of University doing a Psychology degree. I intend to finish it and then look into joining but I am wondering whether many people wih degrees join the regular commandos or if most go for officer training?

Also does anyone know if there is much difference in the life of a Royal Marine Commando or a Royal Marine Officer (dreaded class divides etc.)

Thanks fors your help lads and take care!

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum! I have a degree and i am joining as a regular marine. There are a number if people on this forum that are joining the regulars and hold a degree or know a good few regulars with a degree. Loads of info on the site relating to differences between the training for Officers and other ranks, as well as a number of books that will give you an inside view into the life. Need any help just ask, majority of the people here are extremely helpful.

robj

Reaction score
Alright mate, I joined as a regular Marine and I have a degree. From what I remember there were atleast 3 other lads in my troop who had degrees aswell.
I would have thought most lads going for officer training have a degree, if only due to it being so competitive to get a place in a troop. Theres only one intake a year and a troop is about 40-50 recruits.