Joining RM

Robbie6677

Reaction score
I Have been thinking about joining the marines but can anyone shed some light on how long it will take me to get fit for the tests. Is 8 months adequate?

mace

Reaction score
Hi, it's a very vague question. What's your current training look like? How old are you? What's your nutrition/sleep like? What is your fitness level? Have you tried to see how many rounds of VPJFT can you do? Have you tested RMFA? If you don't know anything about training get yourself a used copy of Sean Lerwill's Royal Marines Training: Physical Training Manual off eBay.

Sprint0205

Reaction score
I Have been thinking about joining the marines but can anyone shed some light on how long it will take me to get fit for the tests. Is 8 months adequate?
It depends on where you are starting from. If you don't train much currently it will be much longer but if you do a sport to a pretty high level 8 months may be adequate.

Either way, you want to aim for the maximums rather than the minimums. I have been training properly for about 3 months and I've got to 32 press-ups, 8 pull-ups and 44 sit-ups, and that's already coming from a moderately fit background. It's not all about the tests either, you have got to be able to run pretty far at a good pace as well.

Robbie6677

Reaction score
I run four times a week at the moment and I’m doing push ups sit ups and pull ups everyday. I’ve still got about 7:8 months before I’m looking to apply

Latest posts

New Threads