Joining The Marine's?

zrjace

Reaction score
Right i want to join the Royal Marines in about 4 months(would of passed my driving test then)and i was just wondering these questions?

How many months does it take from Signing up to actually starting the PMRC?
And if i pass that and start the proper training how many weekends do you get off,and are you aloud to go home on them free weekends?

Also is there a set date for joining the PMRC(E.G Is there a deadline for this year when you have to join by?)

Help appreciated,Jace

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i started in feb, ie application handed in, had to wait until july to be passed fit, and i am only one step away from prmc. just need to re do my pjft.

it depends on what is avaliable and when mate, and how busy the afco is. could be from about 3-6months if your quick and afco isn't busy.

hope this helps.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
there are posts on here that show when RT training starts and when PRMCs are. if you go back to the 'welcome' page think they're at the bottom.

zrjace

Reaction score
i started in feb, ie application handed in, had to wait until july to be passed fit, and i am only one step away from prmc. just need to re do my pjft.

it depends on what is avaliable and when mate, and how busy the afco is. could be from about 3-6months if your quick and afco isn't busy.

hope this helps.
ok mate,i am going to start training next week!Do you reckon i should hand my application in yet,as i wont be ready for about four months at least?

Jace

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yer i would mate, you can stop at anytime you want to mate. if you find out you have something to say in the medical that can take a month or two to clear, then you will have to wait longer.

so i would hand it in.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

hope this helps.
Yep it all depends although I got my Apt test, Int, Med/Eye test & PJFT done in about 2 weeks(I told them I wanted it done fast though) but had to wait for an RMAD(If you're AFCO does one you'll probably have to do it) before I could do my PRMC so it took longer.