Joining the Royal Marines

Chick3nHawk01

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Good afternoon all,
After taking in all of the information from this forum my family my careers adviser I've decided to apply for the Royal Marines after 2 months off from the forum I've built up my strength and my mental state to become a royal marine commando I would like to thanks all of yous for supplying me with advise
Thanks
Ryan

Kangarooj

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Good afternoon all,
After taking in all of the information from this forum my family my careers adviser I've decided to apply for the Royal Marines after 2 months off from the forum I've built up my strength and my mental state to become a royal marine commando I would like to thanks all of yous for supplying me with advise
Thanks
Ryan
What level of fitness are you at mate, what are your stats?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
They deferred my application for lack of evidence of my flat feet and my operation for my toe
Is the Army application ongoing?

Presumably the same evidence will be required to pass the Royal Marines medical examination.

Chick3nHawk01

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is the Army application ongoing?

Presumably the same evidence will be required to pass the Royal Marines.
Yes the army application is still going I've got a 3 month exercise diary for my toe operation and I've bought some insoles so I don't get picked up for getting a prescribed insoles

Hyperhippo

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yes the army application is still going I've got a 3 month exercise diary for my toe operation and I've bought some insoles so I don't get picked up for getting a prescribed insoles

I’m interested to hear what the minimum levels of exercise your 3 month diary asks for.

I got given a 6 month one to do with the minimum, and in my opinion, very vague, exercise levels of 3 x 20-30 minute runs and 1 x 15kg walk covering 6 miles per week. Is yours the same?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
In the event you are passed fit for both, which one do you intend joining and at which point do.you intend ditching one of the applications?

PotentialBootneck

Reaction score
Morning guys, I've been pushing myself in my training in preparation for the PRMC, but my energy and effort levels seem to be going down, I feel like I'm struggling more with my press ups but I'm doing them quite often, am I overtraining or not training enough? I'm going to the gym once every 2 days, and sometimes 2/3 days in a row,
Thanks

Kangarooj

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Morning guys, I've been pushing myself in my training in preparation for the PRMC, but my energy and effort levels seem to be going down, I feel like I'm struggling more with my press ups but I'm doing them quite often, am I overtraining or not training enough? I'm going to the gym once every 2 days, and sometimes 2/3 days in a row,
Thanks
There's potential for overtraining but I don't think it is, perhaps it's a dietary issue, or maybe try a different workout to keep you interested.
You might just be bored.

Chelonian

Reaction score
I'm going to the gym once every 2 days, and sometimes 2/3 days in a row,

I'll assume that you are running on the days you're not at a gym? I'd consider taking a few days break from all training. Heresy, I know! :)

But use that time to devise a schedule that mixes up your training elements. And be aware of the importance of rest. Everyone hits a plateau from time-to-time because training becomes stale.

Do you have a PRMC date? You want to be aiming at reaching a peak to exceed the required standard for that week. It's worth thinking about pacing yourself rather than attempting to maintain peak fitness for, say, six months plus.

Anyhow, just me throwing ideas into the mix for consideration. Best of luck.

PotentialBootneck

Reaction score
I'll assume that you are running on the days you're not at a gym? I'd consider taking a few days break from all training. Heresy, I know! :)

But use that time to devise a schedule that mixes up your training elements. And be aware of the importance of rest. Everyone hits a plateau from time-to-time because training becomes stale.

Do you have a PRMC date? You want to be aiming at reaching a peak to exceed the required standard for that week. It's worth thinking about pacing yourself rather than attempting to maintain peak fitness for, say, six months plus.

Anyhow, just me throwing ideas into the mix for consideration. Best of luck.
Yeah I am, I'm having myself a few days off! Definitely need it, I haven't done my PJFT yet but I've got my times for that sorted, so it's just a matter of keeping up those levels of fitness

New Threads