Joining up and need help on some things please!

dave16

Reaction score
i have my interview on the 28th and just need a bit of pointers on what to expect to be asked on corps knowledge...

i know all the basics but these as when i was given a sheet to learn i wasnt given these and also how many VC's do i need to learn??....

What happened at Walcheren?

Who was Hanna Snell?

What was the Corps last major battle honour?

Who is the Commandant General of the Royal Marines? ( i didnt think there was a current RM general????)

How long do you have to sign on for when you join the Royal Marines?

What does The Fleet Protection Group do.

What is the minimum amount of time you have to serve as a Royal Marine?

If on completion of training, you are given a trade or branch you do not want, what is the minimum compulsory time you have to serve in that branch.

During basic training, how much will earn if you are successful in your application to join the Royal Marines.

What are the names of the Royal Navy’s Assault Ships?

What is their role in regards to the Royal Marines?

What are the roles of HMS OCEAN?

Where is the Headquarters of the Royal Marines situated?

Name two sorts of vehicles that are in use in the Royal Marines?

List the rank structure to WO1 in the Royal Marines.

List the rank structure from 2nd Lieutenant up to the rank of Colonel.

Which Commando Unit has recently returned from Afghanistan

Which is the next Commando unit to go to Afghanistan

Nathaniel191

Reaction score
Alright mate
Not to be harsh or anything but have you actually read any of the booklets or leaflets that they gave ya? If not then do that first cause you can find out quite alot of this stuff in them. The answers to All of the RM current affairs q's will be on the Royal Marines Official Site, and as for anything else just have a look on wikipedia. Oh and learn about 3 of the recent VC's, that should be enough
Good luck.

DJ LOZZA

Reaction score
Come on dave,surely if you spent 10 minutes of your time having a quick look on the net you would find the answers yourself quite easily!!
dont be lazy!:mad:

recruit training 5th of january

Synk

Reaction score
davy davy :) just go on tinternet and google the questions under pages from the UK it gives you all answers plus more mate thats how i got all mine