joining

johnmac

Reaction score
hi ,
im currently travelling and wen i get home in april i want to join the rm.
is there anything i can be doing to help the joining process run as smoothly as possibe ie getting stufff ready paperwork etc..

any help appreiciated thanks

Roddie

Reaction score
Apart from phys, all you need is, a passport, National Insurance card, National Health number, any exam certificates, Birth Certificate. Bout it really buddy.

johnmac

Reaction score
cheers for that just *text deleted* make sure ive got everything so i *text deleted* have to send off for stuff, cheers

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
How long you been travelling for mate?? IS it longer than 12mths??

If like me you took a year out (well 15months in my case *text deleted*..) you'll need to be able to give a pretty accurate account of where you've been, how long you stayed there & how you financed your trip!

It caught me out and i've had to wait for a residency waiver to be granted even though i was born and lived in the UK my whole life!! be warned!

steve.

Tomm2024

Reaction score
If you can, I'd take a look at the security questionnaire so you know what sort of information you'll need to know. I'd also make sure you know about your family medical history and do all of the learning about the Marines/Navy. There's not all that much to learn but you can take it slow if you know you've got ages before your interviews.

Knowing what you've got coming and the info to fill in the forms should make it a bit quicker!

johnmac

Reaction score
cheers guys, it will be 12months wen i get bk so thats sumthing to keep in mind,
cheers