Joss Stone remembers me!

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I spoke to Joss Stone (real name Joscelyn Stoker) last night for the first time since primary school!

I live in a village called Uffculme which is about 2 miles from her house. I know she's always in the village but I've never bumped into her.

I used to go to school with her and got on really well with her older sister who is my age.

I was pretty chuffed when she recognized me and asked what I'd been up to since school. I kinda thought whatever I said wouldn't impress her!!

She said she's *text deleted* be around for a bit so add her on facebook (she gave me her secret name) and she may be having a party and inviting lots of her local “real” friends, rather than her showbiz friends.

This has nothing to do with the Marines but I wanted to gloat! I don't expect she'll invite me though!

Anyone else know anyone famous?

tripper

Reaction score
o nd keira knightley has been round my house - she was mates wit my sister at school. dont think she would remember me tho :frown:

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
o nd keira knightley has been round my house - she was mates wit my sister at school. dont think she would remember me tho :frown:

You win!

My girlfriend used to babysit for Roni Size's kid when she lived in Bristol and Banksy once sprayed the tree in her front garden.

Geordie

Reaction score
Once had an 'incident' with Craig Bellamy in a Newcastle nightclub - couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

MT6690

Reaction score
i went to london once and saw ashely cole (chelsea player)...i ran up to him and called him a *text deleted*er, he looked down and walked off.

MT

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
last week i flew to the moon with the sugarbabes piloted by bob geldoff, also when i got back i spat on pete doherty from a mile away, through his window,
top that!!:thefinger::thefinger:

Geordie

Reaction score
Matt B - me and a couple of mates were out 'on the toon' on a Thursday night. We saw Bellamy in a bar earlier on in the night. At the time Bellamy was a big star in Newcastle as he'd been instrumental in getting us into the Champs League. We sauntered over to say thanks for his performances in a Toon shirt, he didn't even look at us when we offered handshakes.

This obviously upset me as 4 hours later in a nightclub on the Quayside we bumped into him again. Being a little sauced, I approached him, said one or two things about his attitude to us little people, and we ended up getting into a little fisticuffs on the dance floor. The doorman came over and sorted the situation out - neither of us got chucked out though and we ended up shaking hands! This by the way is my mate's explanation of the whole account - I have very vague recollections due to being slightly inebriated during the whole affair.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
DAMN JOSS STONE IS HOT, i sat next to andy grey on the aeroplane, nice guy ( ex-villa player and commentator) :D he ordered drinks and pulled out a HUGE roll of 50's i was like *text deleted* :eek:! GIVE yeah was well good he signed my book too

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Matt B - me and a couple of mates were out 'on the toon' on a Thursday night. We saw Bellamy in a bar earlier on in the night. At the time Bellamy was a big star in Newcastle as he'd been instrumental in getting us into the Champs League. We sauntered over to say thanks for his performances in a Toon shirt, he didn't even look at us when we offered handshakes.

This obviously upset me as 4 hours later in a nightclub on the Quayside we bumped into him again. Being a little sauced, I approached him, said one or two things about his attitude to us little people, and we ended up getting into a little fisticuffs on the dance floor. The doorman came over and sorted the situation out - neither of us got chucked out though and we ended up shaking hands! This by the way is my mate's explanation of the whole account - I have very vague recollections due to being slightly inebriated during the whole affair.

I would have lamped him! I would have lost the fight, been roughly manhandled by bouncers twice my side, got a face full of footpath on the way out, been banned for life and woken up with an unhappy head, BUT, I would have had a better story than just knowing Joscelyn.

DAMN JOSS STONE IS HOT, i sat next to andy grey on the aeroplane, nice guy ( ex-villa player and commentator) :D he ordered drinks and pulled out a HUGE roll of 50's i was like *text deleted* :eek:! GIVE yeah was well good he signed my book too

She is ok but she doesn't really look like she does on TV, remember they put tons of lighting on her and she gets proffesionals to do her make up. Don't get me wrong she looks nice in real life, the the friend she was with was fitter. Oh and she looks quite comical in a pair of wellies!

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i met Bradley from S-Club 7 in sutton high street once...

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
i knocked over gary linekar's suitcase at an airport once hahaha...

i think he thought i was robbing him *text deleted* he didnt look best pleased *text deleted*

:rock:

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* sam thats quite funny xD

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I've met Jim from Eastenders when on holiday in Turkey, got a photo with him.

Met Chaz Dingle from Emmerdale at a stock car event, got a photo on my mates phone but he lost his phone.

Saw Wee man from Jackass at a *text deleted* in Vegas.

Saw Dwight Yorke and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at the airpot, different occassions.

Also met (some1 of you will know these) Andrei Arlovski, Randy Couture, Bas Rutten, Matt Lindland, Dan Henderson amd Chuck Liddell. Got photos with them aswell, all really nice guys.

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I have met...

Lethal Bizzle
All members of Iron Maiden
i have also met Bradley from S Club 7 but i was in a club
some dude that was on Big Brother, i don't watch it but all the girls were loving him
Most of the members of Gallows

i have seen lots and lots of other bands/artists face to face back stage at gigs but never talked to them.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ohh yeah I forgot about bands.

I met the drummer from slipknot

guitarist from drowning pool (that badn that did let the bodies hit the floor)

singer from raging speedhorn

singer from Hed Pe

I met a bunch of other people from bands to because i was at a festival but it was about 7 years ago so I forget.

Met some dnb dj's aswel but i dnno who, i was *text deleted**text deleted*ed. I think i might've bumped into Goldie, I don't *text deleted**text deleted*in know.

Met Norman Hunter, he's an old footballer, maybe some of you older guys know him, I was just bartending at the time.

I reckon I've met a bunch of other people aswell, but It's usually at places where there's loadsa booze so I forget things, I reckon I've met a bunch of rugby players and cricketers aswell you know but I can't remember them all that well.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I have met...

Lethal Bizzle
All members of Iron Maiden
i have also met Bradley from S Club 7 but i was in a club
some dude that was on Big Brother, i don't watch it but all the girls were loving him
Most of the members of Gallows

i have seen lots and lots of other bands/artists face to face back stage at gigs but never talked to them.

what was lethal bizzle like ?