June 25th POC

Robfo

Reaction score
Just got a call from AIB saying I could go down for this date.

Anyone else on it? It's apparently the last one this year created for late applicants and people who've had trouble with medical etc.

Rob

steve_elvin

Reaction score
Yeah I'm on this one, I've had my POC cancelled twice now due to medical not being cleared in time. Where you from mate?

Robfo

Reaction score
I'm from Nottingham. Im quite glad to see someone else from here going, i didn't think it'd be big enough.

MUMBLES88

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
Yup on this one lads, got my AIB call this morning, warrant in post! You guys backing off the training this week? Everone go press ups sit ups pull ups maxed out?

Robfo

Reaction score
Im doing the opposite to winding down *text deleted*, doing a bit heavier training for the next week and a half then giving myself a rest a couple of days before.

Is everyone pencilled in for the 2nd of july for AIB?

steve_elvin

Reaction score
Yeah anyone who's on this last POC is on that AIB if you get through it. I'm taking a day or 2 of rest and working it hard everyday on RMFA stuff can't run *text deleted* of shin splint, so have rested that for 3 weeks am dreading a run now as I won't be use to it, been on the bikes etc.

Robfo

Reaction score
Ouch, running isn't going to be much fun for you. Party pack of Ibuprofen anyone?

I'm increasing training slightly, especially stuff for the RMFA then only doing a light bit of work on the Sunday and Monday, just to keep myself ticking over.

DaveAH

Reaction score
Nice theres some other lads from here on this date. Hope you guys are looking forward to it as much as me :suspicious::biggrin: Its s*text deleted*t your pants time *text deleted*

steve_elvin

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm getting well nervous now, mainly because I haven't been able to run for 6 weeks so its going to be tough to keep up on POC! I'm just putting together my 3 min presentation, it says its all got to be about me. What kind of stuff are they looking for in this talk and are you allowed to write one and read off it? or at least bullet point stuff after you've written one so you can practice it and then be reminded by the points to talk around the info? Some help and guidance here would be much appreciated cheers.

MUMBLES88

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
No such luck mate, it's written about 17 times on every piece of paper referring to the 3 min speech that "Visual aids are NOT permitted." Memorise it or freestyle if you've got the balls/skills :nuts: Had a week off running with a calf niggle but 10k yesterday was ok followed by very average RMFA

Press up's 51
Sit Ups 83
Pull up's 11

Really worrying about pull ups as supposed to have 16 nailed, hoping light day tomorrow and day off tuesday will save my ass.

What do you lot reckon our curent affairs essay will be covering,

Burma?
Zimbabwe?
Chinooks in shed?
New Carriers?
Lack of life saving equipment?

Iago

Reaction score
Mumbles, that RMFA is plenty above average mate.

steve_elvin

Reaction score
*text deleted**text deleted* thats *text deleted* be tough going trying to remember 3 mins worth of presentation, what kinda stuff u *text deleted* talk about? No idea I hope its about the gear I'm not very swated up on topics :worried:

steve_elvin

Reaction score
Gutted failed the POC by 0.4 needed a 3.0 to get into AIB I got a 2.6 did the whole thing, it was herrendous! (But great fun too), I had to do it in new boots! So my feet on bottom field were buggered within 15 mins of exercise. Kept going though even when I had to put them back on for the Endurance course. Biggest tip to all who do it, do lots of leg strength work (what let me down on my firemans lifts) and plenty of farlek training to aid in the endurance plus BUY boots and wear them in good and proper way before you get to POC!

Iago

Reaction score
too right Steve,
my legs let me down big time on POC! unlucky mate, better luck next time!

MUMBLES88

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
I shared a room with ginge (Steve E), man is nails and real unlucky not to pass! I managed to pass and have AIB on tuesday which is *text deleted* be real tough! POC is hard but not impossible do a load of CV work and make sure you rehydrate as much as possible between bottom field and endurance course, loads of the lads went down with cramp, i was sat in lecturette with banana and 3.5 litres of fluid plus the 1.5 i'd allready taken on and i still cramped up. If anyone knows where i can find some labelled diagrams of T42's, Bullwark and Albion etc. it would be much appreciated!

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I shared a room with ginge (Steve E), man is nails and real unlucky not to pass! I managed to pass and have AIB on tuesday which is *text deleted* be real tough! POC is hard but not impossible do a load of CV work and make sure you rehydrate as much as possible between bottom field and endurance course, loads of the lads went down with cramp, i was sat in lecturette with banana and 3.5 litres of fluid plus the 1.5 i'd allready taken on and i still cramped up. If anyone knows where i can find some labelled diagrams of T42's, Bullwark and Albion etc. it would be much appreciated!
I'm surprised the AIB is so close after the POC, I was expecting them to be months apart.

By the way, good luck for your AIB. Although I would think it would not be as physically demanding as the POC?

MUMBLES88

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
I believe it is beacuse it was the last POC of the year and so will be the last AIB of the year. And no, although not as phsically demanding i am told the AIB is 10,000 times harder to pass and not to be underestimated!

S

Sotiris

Aye Mumbles, give it to them!

You're 19? Sheesh man! Makes me feel old and I'm only 21! So wierd to think of how young the majority of the men who start this job are.

Good luck :applaus:!

steve_elvin

Reaction score
hahaha cheers man, chuffed you guys passed am hoping you'll make the september batch (no doubt you won't to be honest) This guys a trained athelete and was fast as *text deleted**text deleted* on that endurance course everyone so he's got the goods! Ginge :rock:

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
By the way, any of you guys that pass AIB and get a place in the next batch be sure to come on here from time to time and tell us how you are doing.

Good luck to all future officers.