Just got back from my interview.

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I passed it.

Been issued with a date for my medical. It's tomorrow.
Wow, i thought it would have been a long time to get it.

Can't wait.

will

Reaction score
nicley done mate. they got u a medical check quick. wat they ask u about the history?

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing about history. Just the basic questions when it came to the Royal Marines. What Commando unit names are, where they currently are, what they're doing etc.

How many weeks in training, how much time you get off etc etc.
Pay rate.

That's about it really. Other questions were about family, experience within work, qualifications, strengths and weaknesses (not about muscular strength), most proud moment and least proud moment of your lift. How you get on with your family etc.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
nice one matey ... another step closer ! :D

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I just can't wait to get through the medical and the PJFT.

Then i'll know exactly when my PRMC date is. Then i can base my fitness plan around it.

chew1e

Reaction score
well done mate. Got my interview soon, aswell as PJFT and Medical on the same day! eeek

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How did you know you've got the PJFT the same day? You have to pass the medical to go onto PJFT...

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
Well done mate..or "Hoofing" brilliant mate. Got to get used to Bootneck language now *text deleted* im okay, i know only a few words :)

Didnt they ask you History questions? i had to answer the ins and outs of a Ducks ass at mine *text deleted* i think i just scraped by with all the dates and barracks stuff ect.. He was this Massive muscular bloke with couliflour ears. He said "so, do you have anything else to tell me about the Royal Marines in your wee bit of revision for today?"

i remember reading (on this site :P) about Hannah snell or something...the woman who acted as a bloke to be a Royal marine. I'll always remember him saying "Well stick a dildo on my head and call me a Unicorn, you know more than i do" *text deleted*

I did my PJFT ,which was run in a Gym, In the middle of a Hotel next to the AFCO, i got to 2.00 K and the time was 9.28, i was great untill all of a sudden i did what that freaky bitch in the Exorcist did and spewed *text deleted* i had to punch the greasy STOP button and therefore i failed :evil: wasnt to pleased...and neither were the Gym people :*text deleted*: doing t again soon.

Well done though matey, you'll be in PRMC before you know it!

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You'll do fine in the next PJFT im sure!

I have about 3 friends already in the Royal Marines, i know quite a few words. When you start RT they give you a dictionary, apparently.

Keep us all updated!

chew1e

Reaction score
yeah i think its assuming i pass each stage as i go along

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Oh excellent. Good luck with your interview and medical mate!!

Let us know how you get on!!