Just passed out!

12Will12

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Just had my Kings Squad pass out with 241 troop yesterday, honestly one of the best days of my life, at par I would say with finishing the 30 miler! RT is a long harsh beast, which at one point had me back trooped and in hunter after my first violent entry. I owe so much to the people in this forum, especially ninja for obvious reasons, he really is an all knowing source of knowledge and manages to give input to any and all questions asked on the forum, and to arny I owe huge thanks to for setting me up with with my pre RT fitness plan, which, in turn definitely helped me along the way to achieving a PT superior gym pass! I asked a lot of questions before joining, some I’m sure very panicky, probably to do with flat feet, wearing glasses or fitness. Common questions! But however panicky or common they were, I always received sound and helpful advice from an array of members. I have the weekend off so I’m open to any and all questions anyone has. Thank you all again and I hope I can give back to those looking to sign up just as others once did for me.

Mr S

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Brilliant! Well done, now enjoy :D:D

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic @12Will12 amazing stuff. And all the very best to you in your career!!

Please stay around to pass on your highly valued experience? Those that are yet to be Royal Marines Commandos will find it invaluable.

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
Welcome to the Club!

Alan

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Very well done & sincere congratulations @12Will12

Thanks for the kind words but most of all, thank you for taking the time to check-in!

Quick questions from me, I think we can probably guess the high point so far, but what was your lowest point and why? How did you get over it?

12Will12

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Very well done & sincere congratulations @12Will12

Thanks for the kind words but most of all, thank you for taking the time to check-in!

Quick questions from me, I think we can probably guess the high point so far, but what was your lowest point and why? How did you get over it?
The lowest point for me was definitely on exercise quick cover (only 5 weeks into training!) in which we experienced wet and dry for the first time, and it really was a baptism by fire! Freezing, wet, cold and miserable for 3 days! Really did make me question it all, but I held on, and I’m glad I did!

keycamo

Reaction score
Just had my Kings Squad pass out with 241 troop yesterday, honestly one of the best days of my life, at par I would say with finishing the 30 miler! RT is a long harsh beast, which at one point had me back trooped and in hunter after my first violent entry. I owe so much to the people in this forum, especially ninja for obvious reasons, he really is an all knowing source of knowledge and manages to give input to any and all questions asked on the forum, and to arny I owe huge thanks to for setting me up with with my pre RT fitness plan, which, in turn definitely helped me along the way to achieving a PT superior gym pass! I asked a lot of questions before joining, some I’m sure very panicky, probably to do with flat feet, wearing glasses or fitness. Common questions! But however panicky or common they were, I always received sound and helpful advice from an array of members. I have the weekend off so I’m open to any and all questions anyone has. Thank you all again and I hope I can give back to those looking to sign up just as others once did for me.

OldmanL

Reaction score
Well done ! its great motivation hearing lads who pushed through when the going gets tough. I start RT in January next year, any personal tips from your perspective before joining ? And how you dealt with the hard times within RT ? and again, congratulations!

DhobiWanKenobi

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Congrats mate, and enjoy unit life. Your first couple of years are the best so make the most of the opportunities!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Cheers @12Will12, appreciated.

For the unitiated, can you describe wet & dry and why people seriously struggle with this aspect?

I fully understand, by the way, but those yet to join may think it's a pretty straightforward evolution.