kit inspections

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
whats the 'law of the land' on kit inspections how are they conducted, how often, (all in the field), how long do you have to prepare for them?

i know we will be taught like but if anyone has any ideas.
cheers

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hi CJ,

Kit inspections / room inspections happen most mornings up until week 9 at least. After that it will be random as far as I know, but will depend on what your training team ask for, all are different.

Inspections in the field happen most mornings up until week 15.

Usually kit inspections in the field are done on your bivvy (rough description of your tent). All your kit is laid out and inspected, you might get around 30-45 minutes to lay it all out, but that time flies by.

The most important kit inspection to avoid is a punitive kit inspection up at the drill shed. This is punishment for certain things such as "dirty recruit", "bad performance" amongst other things.

It basically is 3 extra kit inspections per day up at the drill shed and in front of a drill corporal or Sergeant. It's something that is an individual punishment and you'll probably have bad guys from other troops there as well. It happens at Breakfast / before lunch and dinner. It isn't good and should be avoided at all costs.

Hope that helps,

GW

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
thanks,

i just hate having non necessary activities like that especially in the filed where things are hard enough. I know it is important but we all have pet hates. *text deleted* :D

thanks again CJ