Kit List for joining recruit training

westy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I’m at week 8 of Raleigh and a cheap Casio is fine gen some people have expensive watches and I just think *text deleted* haha
How are you finding it? I can’t wait to get started!! Started getting all my kit list bought today! Any tips or advice you can fire my way will be appreciated mate

Mines only a fenix 3 and has been used when I was working on building sites etc so not overly concerned if it gets broke!! Cheeky excuse to get the wife to upgrade me to a 5 ;)

Banshee

Reaction score
How are you finding it? I can’t wait to get started!! Started getting all my kit list bought today! Any tips or advice you can fire my way will be appreciated mate

Mines only a fenix 3 and has been used when I was working on building sites etc so not overly concerned if it gets broke!! Cheeky excuse to get the wife to upgrade me to a 5 ;)
Get ironing to A4 squared away and it’s sound *text deleted* when do you start ?

Banshee

Reaction score
It’s not bad on good days bad days your oppos make it mint

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just get a Casio F91W. It’s literaly like £8, it will not break, it will be perfect for what you need in training.

If it goes walkies or you manage to break it (mine survived two mud runs, hundreds of 'extra phys'’s, dozens of flanks, all the exercises etc) then you lost a £8 watch, oops.

Mumma23

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
So my son had his last meet with the AFCO this week ahead of joining RT on 24th June. He "thinks" he was told to take an ironing board cover? Would this be right? It's not on the kit list and seems a bit odd?

maz867

Reaction score
My son joins on Monday and he is not taking one, he is going to see if foundation block have one and if not get one from the Naffi then he will get a better one later on when he gets leave, they have enough to carry but if he can manage it on the train then he could take one but it’s not essential.

JTech

Reaction score
So my son had his last meet with the AFCO this week ahead of joining RT on 24th June. He "thinks" he was told to take an ironing board cover? Would this be right? It's not on the kit list and seems a bit odd?
If he can’t carry a decent Ironing board with him then a cover will help drastically as the naffi boards are horrendous and as you’d expect expensive.

STG97

Reaction score
100% bring an ironing board with you. They are not provided and the ones in the naffi are useless and you will end up having to buy another one on the weekend.

maz867

Reaction score
So my previous reply seems to be incorrect, my son has just joined foundation on Monday he decided not to take an ironing board because he was told they would have some in foundation block then he planned on buying one at the weekend, I have heard from him and the only one there is has no cover on it, he now wishes he had brought one, he has a ton of ironing to do tonight with no cover so I would now recommend he brings one if he can!

Jaykay2343

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
So my previous reply seems to be incorrect, my son has just joined foundation on Monday he decided not to take an ironing board because he was told they would have some in foundation block then he planned on buying one at the weekend, I have heard from him and the only one there is has no cover on it, he now wishes he had brought one, he has a ton of ironing to do tonight with no cover so I would now recommend he brings one if he can!
Why doesn't he buy one from naffi?

maz867

Reaction score
He will do as soon as he is given the time to go there but so far he has not had enough time to get there and make a phone call, he only got 3 hours sleep first night, waiting to see how he got on with the ironing last night!, really wish he had taken one now

Mumma23

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you! I'll show him your post!