Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Kit List for joining recruit training

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by maz867, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Back in the 1970s I completed my RT without using an ironing board. We simply placed a blanket on a table top.

Also, while an ironing board is easy to throw out of a window or down a stair well our TT was reluctant to do the same with a MoD table. :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
  2. ex killick

ex killick Ex-Matelot

No laundryman anymore?? Choi was great, especially putting creases in your ‘run ashore’ jeans.

3. Mumma23

Mumma23 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    In my son's case - no laundry-mum anymore! The "magic basket" which turns dirty clothes into clean will be a distant memory for him soon:D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Elljac

Elljac Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    My nod is week 5, he’s on his 3rd ironing board bought from the naffi. LWEL this weekend first stop Argos to buy one. Time is very limited in the first couple of weeks and the naffi ones aren’t great. If he can borrow someone’s in his troop and gets time in Exeter this weekend he’d be better getting one there. I know my nod did a bit of ironing on a towel on the floor for a bit x

5. Mumma23

Mumma23 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi, did your Nod have to take the £200 as cash or can they use cards on site?

6. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    They’ll be buying the extra kit in town so there’ll be a bank. The machine at the camp shop works most of the time too

• Like Like x 1
  7. BLM

BLM Active Member

App Stage:
    Partner
    Trouser twists, hard ground tent pegs, waterproof paper (lots, they aren't cheap), waterproof see through map holders, dry bags, vaseline (for body and for fires), water sandals (the really thin rubbery material ones you can wear for swimming)-they use for wet/dry. 2xpairs swim shorts... 1 for swimming the other to wear in daytime to avoid chaffing.
    Ironing board and iron is a definite must. He even has both still now. Saves a lot of time. Paper pads for lectures, they go through a fair chunk.
    Mine didn't buy a jet boil in the end (but many recommend it for last phase).
    Anything else I can remember will jot

8. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

Pack a strong nylon brush for cleaning the training area off your boots... (before using your nice "polish" brushes on them).