KNEE PREHAB

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Grab it while it's available. Don't blame me for the awful red background, it was a copy-paste job...

jeffrey18

Reaction score
Some interesting exercises to try out there.
Do you know what the recommended routine is (sets, reps, frequency etc)?
I tried opening the word doc but nothing was displaying properly for me - maybe my version is too old.
Thanks!

jeffrey18

Reaction score
Some interesting exercises to try out there.
Do you know what the recommended routine is (sets, reps, frequency etc)?
I tried opening the word doc but nothing was displaying properly for me - maybe my version is too old.
Thanks!
Not to worry - I got the document to work in the end. I had to convert to a PDF for it to display correctly for some reason.

Thanks for the info mace.

jeffrey18

Reaction score
Hi. Do you have the links for the 'Dense' programme? I think this is the next level up.

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yes mate I have it all except the new Athletic level or whatever it’s called. I will share it tonight. He recommends doing the Zero for at least 12 weeks or at least until you can get the ATG split squat in perfect form. It’s worth videoing yourself and check it. When I used the app during the first month, he did tell me to elevate my first leg even though I felt like I am in a good position without elevation.

Biggles

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Also don't forget ankles lads, very easy to neglect. Get a small wobble cushion or board and practice standing on one leg. I do it brushing my teeth or washing up. Its all about the micro gains over time. Prehab as @mace says is so so overlooked. Got to work the small connective tissues as well as the big muscles.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Also don't forget ankles lads, very easy to neglect. Get a small wobble cushion or board and practice standing on one leg. I do it brushing my teeth or washing up. Its all about the micro gains over time. Prehab as @mace says is so so overlooked. Got to work the small connective tissues as well as the big muscles.

Biggles do you think 4 weeks of mobility and general prehab is enough to see any decent changes?

I've recently started ROMWOD and once the free trial finishes I'll start the free trial on GOWOD, combined these will just about take me to my start date.

On the one hand I'm thinking "the best time to plant a tree was 10 years ago, the second best time is now" I.e. thinking it's better to be starting some mobility now better than never. However, a trained rank mate disagrees and says they were told by the physios on SF BAC that "if you're not already well into your mobility work and yoga then don't start now because opening up the tissue for the first time could actually weaken you and make you more prone to injury". Obviously VERY different courses but maybe the same theory carries over.

Wondering if you have any opinions as a PTI. In short: 4 weeks of mobility work more or less likely to cause injury?

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Biggles do you think 4 weeks of mobility and general prehab is enough to see any decent changes?

I've recently started ROMWOD and once the free trial finishes I'll start the free trial on GOWOD, combined these will just about take me to my start date.

On the one hand I'm thinking "the best time to plant a tree was 10 years ago, the second best time is now" I.e. thinking it's better to be starting some mobility now better than never. However, a trained rank mate disagrees and says they were told by the physios on SF BAC that "if you're not already well into your mobility work and yoga then don't start now because opening up the tissue for the first time could actually weaken you and make you more prone to injury". Obviously VERY different courses but maybe the same theory carries over.

Wondering if you have any opinions as a PTI. In short: 4 weeks of mobility work more or less likely to cause injury?
I can tell you that as a sports therapist that it is absolutely not the case as you will not see any big changes in tissue elasticity in 4 weeks. The fascia is what you are actually working. It constantly reconstructs itself. If you are bad posture all day that is what the fascia is going to adapt to. Meaningful changes take minimum of 7 months but depends of course how much you actually focus on. Doing 20-30 minutes of relaxed stretching will not cause you any weakness in 4 weeks. I think it is wonderful that you started doing these so I would 100% stick to it and during RT as well as much as possible.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I can tell you that as a sports therapist that it is absolutely not the case as you will not see any big changes in tissue elasticity in 4 weeks. The fascia is what you are actually working. It constantly reconstructs itself. If you are bad posture all day that is what the fascia is going to adapt to. Meaningful changes take minimum of 7 months but depends of course how much you actually focus on. Doing 20-30 minutes of relaxed stretching will not cause you any weakness in 4 weeks. I think it is wonderful that you started doing these so I would 100% stick to it and during RT as well as much as possible.

Awesome, yeah I imagined it would be a long process. Not much time for it in RT I'm sure but maybe of a weekend when possible.

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi. Do you have the links for the 'Dense' programme? I think this is the next level up.
The bad news is that I don't have the youtube links as I downloaded all the videos. The good news is that the whole folder is 3.9 GB so I will upload it to my Google Drive tonight and share the link in the morning.

Biggles

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone can't afford that book at the minute give me a PM and I will sort you out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Knee injury Common Training Injuries 21
lankpost Knee Pains (Seemingly Random) Common Training Injuries 17
B Runners knee Training Plans and Diet Suggestions 8