Krav Maga - History Channel Boxing Day 9pm

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Guys a really good program being aired on Boxing day at 9pm.

Krav Maga is the self defence discipline used by the Israel special forces and well worth a watch.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
martial Arts

Cheers Greywing. I'll have a look at this. Its my type of thing these days.

Many Thanks

Steve

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
one of my mates does this and he absolutely loves it. keep meaning to give it a go myself.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Never Underestimate

I've trained in martial arts for some years now and have trained with all kinds of people from all walks of life. When I was a bootneck I was taught that you should never underestimate anybody or any martial art and I don't. I've always been quite skilled in looking after myself and have a lot of experience in this arena. However, with this experience I have learned that martial arts don't make you invincible, they just mean you have a better chance. More otions you could say and undoubtedly more control, which was one of the main things I drew from it. If you can find the time and opportunities to take up martial arts, boxing etc, I would recommend you do.

At the end of the day this helps to build your confidence and adds things to your tool box that you may need one day in the face of adversity.

They're not everybody's cup of tea but they do come in handy from time to time.

All the very best

Steve

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Great show that one and a decent watch,

of Steve your on next week my friend, looks like they are entering your arena of Thai Boxing.

Next Wednesday 21:00 history channel

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Tai Boxing

Greywing: That's one of the areas I've covered. The others are boxing, Jujitsu (both in the Corps), Aikido and I finally settled on Ninjutsu, which is where I'll stay.

In the past, at times, I was one for using my head in a crisis :twisted: , but I'm glad to say I use it very differently these days. :D

All the very best

Steve