Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Lack of luck

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by westy, Feb 12, 2019.

1. westy

westy Well-Known Member

For the first time since I quit smoking, in 2015, soppy here gets a viral chest infection! Typically, I’m in the 14 days I have to complete my PJFT -banghead-:(

Now, having over a year in the appeal process with the medical, it look really bad to suddenly become ill in them 14 days!! Gutted is not the word!

Wondering how horrific this is going to look with my careers advisor? I’d go and see him but I don’t fancy sharing my luck around :(

• Seen Seen x 1
  2. Firedrake

Firedrake Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I pulled my adductor muscle while I was waiting for my medical to come back a pass after a year PMU for eczema and 2 months TMU for blood pressure. I had the same 14 day concern. I called my AFCO explained the issue, told them the private physio told me 8 weeks recovery and was told to make contact in 8 weeks.
    It's not a rule but used to keep applications moving and keep motivation up. Call your AFCO with a timescale, voice your concerns and that your are concerned how this is perceived and I would have thought it would be ok.

• Like Like x 2
  3. westy

westy Well-Known Member

I’m thinking book it on day 14, I reckon I can be better by then!! If not better by day 10, call my careers advisor? I reckon that may be a good plan?

4. Firedrake

Firedrake Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I would wait till you are 5 days clear, do a PJFT mock, pass then book for the earliest opportunity.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hubb97

Hubb97 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I don't think you'll have a problem. When I was applying I passed my medical first time with no problems but then had a dodgy knee which I couldn't shake for the best part of 10 months. Had no issues booking a PJFT which I think was eventually 10 months after my medical.

• Like Like x 1
  6. westy

westy Well-Known Member

Hopefully I’ll be ok, just don’t want my careers advisor to think I’m putting it off due to not being fit enough!!

7. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    If you’re going to postpone it til after the 14 days it could be worthwhile if you have any recent digital data showing your passing pjft’s (strava etc) then send it over to your afco when your explaining your unwell ?
    Wouldn’t do any harm