Laptop ?

Layden23

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hey lads just wondering if anyone knows that while your in your 32 weeks of training if *text deleted* allowed to bring *text deleted* laptop ?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
apparently so. check in the search bar, there's a few threads about this, i believe there's a time limit before you're allowed.

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
We we're allowed a laptop as soon as we got into our grots, 6 men rooms.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You're advised not to take them initially nor during Foundation.

You will be advised by your Troop Corporal when you may use them.

M

MTW

it depends on your training team, some troops can have xboxs, laptops the lot....and some cant have *text deleted**text deleted* for the whole 32 weeks...depends if you end up with a turbo pussers training team or not!

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Im bringing my bedroom:thefinger:
Nah i'd only take laptop, want a gaming type one for RT, I REALLY will miss gaming *text deleted*

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ahhh don't have to worry about any of that in the RMR :rolleyes:

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You're advised not to take them initially nor during Foundation.

You will be advised by your Troop Corporal when you may use them.

What happens if you bring it when you start then? Do they get pissed at you? *text deleted*, I don't want a 'extra phys'. I wont be going back home so I can't exactly go home and take it back to RT with me.

I assume they just store it away?

M

MTW

i wouldnt risk it to be honest mate, if your training team did eventually allow you to have laptops it would probably be after about week 10

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
i wouldnt risk it to be honest mate, if your training team did eventually allow you to have laptops it would probably be after about week 10
Correct, you are specifically advised not to take them from the outset & the little free time you do have is best spent with your fellow recruits rather than engrossed on a laptop, dvd player, DS, PSP, Wii or MP3 player during the early days of training.

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i play guitar, will they let you bring your guitar its an acoustic like so i dont see why not

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I know that if I take my laptop I'd go on it, and will end up on it all night and feel really bad the next day :P

Always happens...

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Im bringing my bedroom:thefinger:
Nah i'd only take laptop, want a gaming type one for RT, I REALLY will miss gaming *text deleted*

Correct, you are specifically advised not to take them from the outset & the little free time you do have is best spent with your fellow recruits rather than engrossed on a laptop, dvd player, DS, PSP, Wii or MP3 player during the early days of training.

Guys, I think you overestimate how much 'spare time' you're *text deleted* have. And even when you do have time to just pick your arse, like ninja said, you really *text deleted* be getting to know each other and forming a bond.

You have ALWAYS got something to do, whether its polishing your boots, ironing your kit or revising on your written work, there is always something to do, you NEVER have everything done.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Aye, wasnt for the weekdays in any case, spare half hour or so then I might pop on. Not *text deleted* live on the thing.
On weekends where there is some downtime after personal admin and anything on a saturday, that's when I'd use it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Buying a laptop help. Jollies Bar 26
S laptop/ipad in training Recruit Training (RT) Chat 3
C Laptop in RT General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 8