Last Major battle Honour

BigP

Reaction score
there ahve been a few answers put on here can someone aswer for definate on the last major battle honour?

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Faulklands (Y)

:applaus:

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
That's Falklands,
not meaning to pick up on spelling,
but if he's asked to write it down somewhere he might get a bollocking for spelling it wrong.

Joe

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
That's Falklands,
not meaning to pick up on spelling,
but if he's asked to write it down somewhere he might get a bollocking for spelling it wrong.

Joe
I always *text deleted* up spelling it *text deleted*

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
are u sure
i didnt know the last one was so recent
Yup, i didnt think so myself but iraq was a major conflict.
i also used it in my interview and i had to name two Major battle honours.

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
yeah i'm sure the last major one was
2003 -operation TELIC, liberation of iraq

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Guys I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it is Al Fawr, it's more likey to be Belle Isle. It goes down to the definition of Battle Honour and Memorable Date if even that.

Leave it with me and I'll check it out for definite.

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
On the Marines history sheet I got from my AFCO it says the last major battle was the Falklands

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
when i used al fawr peninsula on my questionaire for last major batle honors i got it correct and i also used it in my interview.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I have asked a mate who has just passed his interview and he is going for officer.

He said that he answered with Al Fawr Peninsular Iraq, (pronounced Al Four) which was replied with "right, ok"

Now that wasn't a "yes Mr Hooper that is the correct answer well done" but it sounds like he got it right to me......? And he did pass. But then you wouldn't fail on one wrong answer.

Gazza_7

Reaction score
Could never find a straight answer for this ! Cheers lads. :love:

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Where did you get that joke from!!? I do know it, but I don't remember posting it!

You can use it with anything really. Difference between Man Utd etc etc

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Where did you get that joke from!!? I do know it, but I don't remember posting it!

You can use it with anything really. Difference between Man Utd etc etc
Did a search and you never posted it, as you probably know as you have been here a while, abuse of the Army guys doesn't go down particually well on here. So I was surprised when I read it, but not sure where he got that from or link it to your name.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Did a search and you never posted it, as you probably know as you have been here a while, abuse of the Army guys doesn't go down particually well on here. So I was surprised when I read it, but not sure where he got that from or link it to your name.
Yea I generally try not to publicly, unless subliminally, abuse anyone/anything on here

(apart from rusty, but I vote that that should be acceptable anyway)

for fear of someone (notice I haven't said Greywing) stretching their 'Bannned for a day' muscles.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Yea I generally try not to publicly, unless subliminally, abuse anyone/anything on here

(apart from rusty, but I vote that that should be acceptable anyway)

for fear of someone (notice I haven't said Greywing) stretching their 'Bannned for a day' muscles.
*text deleted*, Rusty is fine. I don't have any muscles anyway now, I'm a right fat blob now. Just got back from the pizza hut, and Ninja is the head honcho on here, can't ban anyone if I wanted too.:flushed:

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
*text deleted*, Rusty is fine. I don't have any muscles anyway now, I'm a right fat blob now. Just got back from the pizza hut, and Ninja is the head honcho on here, can't ban anyone if I wanted too.:flushed:
Ah thats nice to know, how much abuse will you tolerate before telling on me!?

I had pizza re-heated from last night for my lunch. It's always better in the microwave the next day, it goes all wet and soggy like Seedy's mum's, woah there are children on this site.