last minute Pjft advice please

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
ok my fastest time for 1.5 on tredmil is a good 9:37 which im personally pretty proud of.

npw, i have my pjft today at 1600, and i dont quite know what to eat so i have loads of energy for the test.. i have already asked for advice from one person i trust and they said i should have

porrage, 3 weetabix, jacket or mashed sweet patato, with a few beans or tuna and bread...

obviosuly i wont have weetabix with the patato *text deleted*.. as tempting as it sounds.

what do you guys think?

M

MTW

i had beans on toast for breakfast when i did it, and then just drank loads of water, just keep sipping water untill the time comes, and have some jelly beans about 10 mins before you do it.

TommyK

Reaction score
I didn't eat anything before mine as it was at 7am, but I wouldn't worry about it too much mate just relax and don't get too nervous about it - after all it's only sub 10mins of work. The only important thing I made sure of was that I was hydrated enough because there's nothing worse than running at a fairly quick pace with a mouth that would make the Sahara look like a water park

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
bit randomm but how did you end up with a time of 9:21.. seems like such a odd time to get..

Luke023

Reaction score
how is 9.21 a random time, a time is a time aint it

Iles

Reaction score
bit randomm but how did you end up with a time of 9:21.. seems like such a odd time to get..
Huh, I know eh imagine if he got 9.22 now that would have been truly weird.:laugh:.

I think you may have to explain this one to the rest off us.

Good luck with your PJFT mate, as everyone else said just stay hydrated is the most important thing, besides you already know you can do a sub 10 minute time, so it's a stroll.

Good luck,
Matt

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* well most people tend to set a tredmil at a certain pace and just stay at that, and it either ends up then getting either 9:00, 9:30 or 9:45..

just wanted to know what speeds you set the tredmil to and when..

and i passed, with a time of 9:39, 14.5 for the first 0.8k then 15 till the 2k mark and then 16 for 2k and 17 for the last 2k.

Luke023

Reaction score
good to get that out the way but dont take it for granted you will pass the 3 miler on prmc, carry on training hard as you dont want to be the wally that fails on the 1st morning of prmc do ya

good luck for prmc

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* yeh.. its all about the road running now.. i dont have to set foot on a bloody tredmil again for a fitness test.. well maybe not until RT

TommyK

Reaction score
I just boshed up the speed randomly after about 1.8km *text deleted* I wasn't really aiming for a particular time so I just wacked up the speed a small bit every 30secs until it couldn't go any higher (I think it was 17kmph top speed)

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i just set the tread mill to 16 km/h at the start and just kept it there the whole time

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
you failed what??
Your pjft???
Yeah maybe it is right that you should have a different career choice, because you obviously don't want it enough, if you fail you should keep trying until you pass. Keep training no matter what.
If your just going to give up just like that you shouldn't be a Royal Marine.

Not trying to offend you just saying what i think

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not giving up, I just felt like so low and unworthy when i posted that comment =P. I have completed it before with minutes to spare i just couldn't breathe for some reason, nerves?

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
o right good, sorry then.

Yeah that was prob nerves can take a lot out of you sometimes. Atleast you know what to expect now so you will not be nervous next time, and pass it :)

Keep training pal