Last week before PRMC

H01ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alright lads,

PRMC next week, my final shot at it.

What do you advise for this week's phys? I have just done a BFT and planning to do RMFA tonight.

Current scores:

BFT: 08:53
Bleep: 11.8
Press Ups: 55
Sit Ups: 80
Pull Ups: 12

In July I failed after slipping on the bleep test and being unable to catch up. In hindsight I was completely unprepared - still coming off the tail end of uni having only really quit drinking/smoking and started putting the work in 6 weeks earlier. I was naive, maybe even cocky, and thought I'd get by on mental grit having been in the RMR for 18 months, but soon got the kick up the backside to remind me that hard training is the only recipe for success! Been training extremely hard since and the scores plus my endurance runs are showing it. Plus not drank all summer (except for graduation night the week after PRMC) and not smoked since May.

What should I do this week? I want to carry on smashing the hard runs, circuits and sprints sessions but I am starting to feel quite burnt out and don't want to go on prmc fatigued - is it better to mainly just swim and jog for the rest of the week now with the odd gym session?

Reaction score
Its your last week mate, trust in yourself that the hard work has been done. 3 light/moderate sessions will suffice! Good luck mate, let us know how it goes on group chat.

DBenn01

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
No advice from me at the moment so sorry about that but I want to wish you the very Best of Luck!!

Smash it.

12Will12

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I agree with greenzRM, rest up, a few light sessions to keep the fire burning. Get to PRMC feeling fresh. Best of luck mate!

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
Tomorrow

5 miler @7 min/mile. Gym.

Wednesday.

Hill sprints with return. Swim.

Thursday. Rest.

Friday. 3 mile @8min/mile. Gym.

Saturday. Rest.

Sunday. Rest.

Monday. 3 mile @8min/mile. gym.

Tuesday. Travel.

Wednesday. Prmc.

ERFC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Just abit of advice lad any hard session done in the last week will have no physical affect on your performance down at CTC. Keep it light maybe lots of swimming and 3/4 light runs varying in length. About 4 days before I completely stopped any intense gym workouts and just did press ups, pull ups and sit ups sets to keep myself ticking over. Managed to get all PBs done there so rest is something of importance!

Best of luck fella and give it a good crack! All they want to see is you giving it 100% nothing more. Even if you're at the back try and catch up but if it's not possible just crack on ignore the cpls telling you "you're the shittest candidate they've seen" just don't let them in your head!

H01ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks all. Yeah combined Arny's advice with the rest of yours and decided I'll start winding down the number of sessions but not the actual intensity for a few more days.

So tomorrow, *text deleted* go gym and push a hard circuit then swim. Wednesday 6 miler with hill sprints at 2 mile point. Thursday hard gym and swim. Friday rest. Saturday gym and fast 4 miler. Sunday rest. Monday 3 mile slow jog, few press ups/sit ups and pull ups and a light swim. Tuesday rest/travel.

Think that will satisfy my urge to train hard whilst still getting lots of rest.

Reaction score
Passed PRMC last week so thought i'd add in my two cents.

I would stop all hard training Thursday night to be honest so that you're 100% fresh come Tuesday. You will not be starting any evolution fresh and you probably won't be properly hydrated either because there is so much going on all the time your normal routines go out the window. Like I said, just my opinion. The fresher you arrive down there the less anxious you'll be about conserving energy for the physical assessments and can sacrifice a little hunger, a little hydration and a little sleep so that you can beast all the admin/ cleaning etc and not be a shitbag and not get extra phys. We had such a strong group of dudes on course last week that all helped and pulled together to make everyone's life a lot easier. Going off track but I would train balls to the wall until Thursday and then just do some swimming and active stretching until you go down on the Tues. Everyone's different though so go with your gut but in any case best of luck. And if you have any last minute questions about PRMC then please fire away