Last week

DRichardson

Reaction score
Hey guys

Hows your last weeks of training going?

Is anyone else finding it harder than normal. Think next week must be playing on my mind!

God damn it! *text deleted*

jcooke

Reaction score
ha mate, bet it is.

I am tapering my training down now. Have a couple of niggling injuries now as well which are worrying me so I am trying not to agrevate them.

It is work that seems to be dragging more than ever!

DRichardson

Reaction score
*text deleted* yeah me to. Sat at work thinking *text deleted**text deleted*ing *text deleted* get out of here *text deleted*.

*text deleted* get my ticket on thursday. So will be getting at lympstone at 1407

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My performance in training has dipped a hell of a lot.
I'm not confident now whereas before I was confident.

I'm doing the same old training routines, just that my cardio has got *text deleted**text deleted* for some reason. I'm detorating!

jcooke

Reaction score
I know the feeling, I don't know what is up with me!? I think it's the nerves, it's stoping me getting int 'the zone' *text deleted*

Concerted effort lads to keep training up then! keep posting on here and encouraging each other lads, this webby is one of the things that has kept me 100% motivated whilst i've been training. really helps when you have the worlds slowest job.

DRichardson

Reaction score
Think alot of people will be in same boat. I never normaly train this time of year either. *text deleted**text deleted*ing *text deleted**text deleted* weather *text deleted*.

But when we're down there its *text deleted* be *text deleted**text deleted*ing hard hard but wheat ive read its *text deleted* be right laugh! *text deleted* be weird putting names to faces *text deleted*.

Is anyone changing at birmingham or you all from down south?

jcooke

Reaction score
Sorry mate, from down south.

Will be there just after 2, as well so look out for me and another lad if your coming through Taunton and arriving at Lympstone at about that time.

Full names James Cooke encase we get down there and havent met up already

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
two words boys.......... SH!TTING IT!

i picked up my ticket today, i get there for about 1300 *text deleted*! gonne score me a good bed first :) jcooke i will keep one warm for ya!

jcooke

Reaction score
Cheers fella *text deleted*. Preferably with a window and nice view of the estuary

DRichardson

Reaction score
*text deleted* god damn it need more trains so can get the water bed!

I'll keep my ears open for your name dude *text deleted*

Marco.....i know what you mean. *text deleted* be *text deleted**text deleted*ting it all the way down there on train.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm *text deleted**text deleted*ting it too. But also looking forward to it!

Today I had a good session at BMF with the advanced level and a resistance vest. I never stopped even though my legs were nearly gone!

Now I just got to remain confident about Lympstone, even though it's going to be like a walk into a different world.

Oh, start to study the history of the Marines!

jcooke

Reaction score
6 days boys, in the office already for anther cr@py day of work and its only 730.

Started reading some books on the Marines rather than just the online bits ive got. Some good un's. One that makes the history really interesting is "Royal Marines Commandos: The Inside Story of a Force for the Future by John Parker"

I also read that Chris Teril book who filmed ITV doc Commando: Civie street to battlefield, which is quit good about training if you can get past how chessey it is in places and how much he loves himself.

"And I got 3 Commando: Helmand" and "A million bullets" havent touched either of them yet.

I am getting nervous now, but dead up for this as well! manged a pretty tidy time for my three miler this morning, just over 9 minutes for thesecond 1.5, its still the push up's that'l be my worst. How's everyone else going?

DRichardson

Reaction score
Morning Lads.

Just got to.Having my coco pops now. And i can feel a soar throat coming. *text deleted* get some stuff to garhle me thinks to get rid of it. Just my luck *text deleted*, Aint been ill for ages!

Have a good day james *text deleted*. Try and sneak away to do sme push ups and stuff *text deleted*. I was doing 40 puch upa and sits every 30mins and my day went well fast *text deleted*.

jcooke

Reaction score
not managed to sneak off and do any excercise yet...

might try and disgusie myself in office camoflague and stick pieces of paper and stationary to my clothing and see if any body says anything. Proper Sneaky Beaky

tomcool

Reaction score
boys officially *text deleted**text deleted*ting a brick... i know what you mean about feeling less fit now than before even though i'm training more.

did 5 mile run today and hung out 4 miles in, chucked up then carried on... managed to finish in a sprint... carrying on with the pushups, pullups and situps..... thats what you get for running after dinner *text deleted*

going to have a 15mile bike ride tomorrow, pushup and situps routines plus some bicep work... then one last 5 mile run on friday plus the strength stuff and thats me...
i may venture out on the bike on the weekend to keep everything moving but nothing strenuous.

should be down there around 2 so will see you then guys...

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Tommorow will be a hard working day for me. I suppose to attend an RMR tonight which was optional but I wouldn't have made it in time, distance is massive.

So tommorow it's BMF and a lot of sprint training up hills and if I've got enough energy maybe a PRMC style 3 miler.

I'm getting so fu'cking lazy (excuse my french) it's unreal. Wish my PRMC was in a warmer season but this is Royal Marines for you. We'll be getting soaked in the coldest water you'll ever come across!

jcooke

Reaction score
Morning lads, 5 days today! Just think a week today we will be waking up to the death slide, high obstacles, the bottom field and the determintion test, rounded off with a gentle gym test 2 :wink:

My office smells like feet which is disgusting. Managed to get in a good three miler this morning though my shins are playing me up again which is a worry, but should just be a minor nuisance for when we get down there and I am still wishing I could do press ups like that Commndo Kennedy guy on here *text deleted*, he is a machine!

EliteUkForce

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm on this PRMC. Anyone catching the train from Reading?
Starting to become irritated with learning the history of the Royal Marines. How much information must we learn i.e. how in depth?
My main concern regarding the PRMC is the bleep test, as i have never been good at it, regardless of how many times i practise.
Cheers

DRichardson

Reaction score
hey elite.

Are you changing train at birmingham. Dont think you need to know the ins and outs but enough show your interested in becoming a RMC.

5 days to go!

Cant *text deleted**text deleted*ing wait!

jcooke

Reaction score
I am so bored today lads.

Texting the other lad that is coming down from Taunton as well. Got to support each other 100% when we get down there! I know we've talked about this already but people are going to be weaker on certain areas than others and I think it'd be hoofin if we all get to RT together.

Can't blooming wait!