Latest Feedback from CTC

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
For those going home on leave from CTC, all tips & pointers gratefully received guys. (I've started a thread for you!)

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cmon lads share your experiences thus far!

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Shiloh should be back soon. He'll be sure to fill us in, with a touch of the old blarney for good measure.

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Home for Easter

Now then everyone,

Have to be carefull what i say here so will keep it to a minimum. Started Recruit Training on the 25th of feb.

Fractured 2 ribs 3 weeks ago so in Hunter Company, devasated to be honest because i sould be starting week 7 after easter but havn't started week 4 yet!. The only good thing to come out of this was to get out of the troop. Full of absolute nobs, ex army and kids who cant handle there drink and who just have no respect for anyone down there! How there still there and havnt been kicked out i dont know, because they have upset a fair few people you dont want to upset! The list could go on with fighting etc etc but incase the forums get read i dont want to say anything and get in the *text deleted**text deleted*.

Anyone got any questions feel free to ask, depending on my injury might be in Hunter for another 2 weeks after easter not sure.

Sorry it's not much of an insight, but its early i have a hangover and am probably better at answering questions!

Hope your all well.

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hello mate, good to hear from you. Its excellent to hear that side of it to be honest, because all we evre hear is something along the lines of "its really hard, but troop are all great etc etc..." You still glad you're there though??

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah mate cheers, the first week or so i thought what the hell am i doing, mainly because of the prats in the troop but you soon get to know the good lads and start to enjoy it and once you get out of foundation and have your own personal space its a lot better.

Its going good Hunter has its good and bad points, Gym 3 hours in the morning and the afternoon consists of anything from map reading to going out on exercise (sounds daft sending a bunch of cripples on exercise), buts its all good and you learn a lot, my old troop havn't even started Map Reading yet, so the time i get back into training i SHOULD?? have one over everyone, but we'll see.

You learn a lot about yourself in Hunter and it gives you a lot of confidence.

RC

Reaction score
Good to hear from you Chris.

Sounds like a bit of a god send then loosing your original troop. Hopefully they will either sort their lives out or get f*rked off.

How did you crack your ribs ?

Rich.

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Doing close quarter combat, went to take down one of mates grabbed him behind the legs and fell on his knee, pretty painful!! Carried on for a week because i didnt want to let my family down on familys day, anyway managed everything the rope climbs press ups then when i came back after LWEL i thought i should maybe go to the doctors!! Ha

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Soldiered on through it....I like it. Whats families day like mate?

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah it was good mate although you only get to see your family for around 40mins the whole day, they watched about 15 mins of the gym session then you had 30 mins at lunch with them, so was a bit shocked that way to be honest, but apart from that it was good.

They mainly had lectures on training, Hunter and how they can help with getting you through it.

Got finished for the day around 3

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cool. Did you go home for the long weekend or stay local? I'll definitely be going home with them if allowed to. *text deleted* make sure by bird hasn't moved anyone in!

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ha ha yeah mate left with them and got a flight back north, make the most of the weekend *text deleted* before you know it your back on the train going down which was a bit depressing to say the least!

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers for the advice mate, Im there as of 22nd June. Nievely, cant wait. Realistically, *text deleted**text deleted*ting it! Only natural I suppose

Leedham

Reaction score
Alreet fella, sorry to hear you got injured!

Whats it like going on exercise for the first time, the first ones just a night in the field isnt it?
whats it like to fire a rifle aswell? haha

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Exercise first step wasn't the best, absolutely freezing it was but it breaks up the week.

We went out to Woodbury around 2pm, got basic lectures on the usual washing shaving and different types of Bivvi and got told to erect each one which was quite good.

Then find a stick for a rifle!

Then we basically set up camp with a Triangular formation and had to do sentry every 2 hours, you dont get any sleep (well i didnt anyway my sleeping bag only comes up to my chest!!) keep meaning to get another one.
Come 2am we got a crash move where basically you have 5 mins to pack everything away! it took us 45mins *text deleted*. Then straight after it was set up again, nobody back at camp has ever heard of this happening on First Step so yeah bit of a nightmare but got threw it ok. One of the many idiots wouldn't get up for sentry and started on one lad, I nearly lost big time, but he got up in the end.

The worst thing was basically cleaning all your kit, in foundation theres no space for nothing and only about 8 wash basins so make sure your first in ablutions!! and get it out the way.

Leedham

Reaction score
*text deleted* sounds like a rough night. Pity there were a few idiots there tho, probly dint realise what they signed up for!!

Thanks for the tip about wash basins mate! shall remeber that
best of luck with your training/new troop and hope u find a bigger sleepin bag *text deleted*

steve.3

Reaction score
chris mate will be goin into week 3 when i get back so if uve got another 2 weeks in hunter u might b joining my troop, not many idiots in my troop and we didnt get crash moved on first step

quick feedback from ctc:

to much curry a 9 oclockers *text deleted*

much better in the 6 man rooms after 2 weeks in foundation

dont be on time be 5 min early to everything or get used to the phrase front support place

in the morning go for the basins to shave first then the shower as it takes longer to shave and u can do ships routien in the showers

This is my iron. There are many like it but this one is mine. My iron is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my iron is useless. Without my iron I am useles

full metal jacket with a difference (found written on a bed locker lid with other commets along the same lines)

any questions?

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hey Chris, sorry to hear about the injury mate! Been flat out the last 4wks so havent had a chance to see you about lympy! What troop are you likely to be going into, do you know yet?

steve.3 - "Front support place", the phrase all nods love to hate :doh: ha ha ha

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Shiloh should be back soon. He'll be sure to fill us in, with a touch of the old blarney for good measure.

Cheers Nathan and well done for passing mate - was good to catch up with you in foundation!

as for everyone else .... Hope you're all well!

Rather than do a write up of the last 4wks or so, if any of you have any questions just pm me and i'll be more than happy to try and answer any questions!

Good to see the sight is still going strong, keep up the good work lads!

Shiloh.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Good to see you back Shiloh, one trusts all continues to go well.

Probably in CTC myself in July (update visit) - will try to catch up with a few of you if possible. (Not running- just to say "Hello" :shakehands: !)