Latest, updated Corps Knowledge pdf

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
On the last page it says that the information ‘will be assessed’ during PRMC, I thought they had scrapped the knowledge test?

Chelonian

Reaction score
On the last page it says that the information ‘will be assessed’ during PRMC, I thought they had scrapped the knowledge test?
Even if a formal knowledge test is not currently an element of PRMC it makes sense to at least have a basic grasp of Corps history and the RT pipeline at PRMC.

At first glance the document looks like a fair primer on the basics.

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
This is completely my opinion and not based on any inside knowledge but if it says information will be assessed then assume it will. Just because it hasn’t been recently doesn’t mean it won’t be reinstated. Personally I think it’s a massive thing to research and know the fabulous history of what you aspire to join.

Rover

Reaction score
Two noticeable errors.:mad:

No mention of Operation Frankton.:(

No mention of the Special Boat Service.:(

-banghead--banghead--banghead--banghead-

Rover

Reaction score
Poole Base.jpeg

Three ‘flags’ fly over Poole!

The Royal Navy, it is an RN Base.

The Royal Marines, being a part of the Royal Navy.

The Special Boat Service, being part of the Royal Marines.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
No mention of the Special Boat Service
Yep, a great shame.

The snag is that even unofficial documents originating from service sources are bounded by restrictions unfortunately when it comes to SF. Inevitably this reflects on the numbers applying to undergo SF selection - a tough nut to crack and a veritable "Catch #22" ..............#SBS, #SBR(R), #SRR, #SRR(R), #21SAS and #23SAS :(

Harry McRunFast

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What’s the main difference between the roles of the SAS and SBS?

I assume they must share many of the same skills to the same exacting standards... I also understand there is another element in the selection process for SBS?

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What’s the main difference between the roles of the SAS and SBS?

I assume they must share many of the same skills to the same exacting standards... I also understand there is another element in the selection process for SBS?
I'm not particularly in the know but Special Air Service and Special Boat Service?;)

Rover

Reaction score
Both can parachute, both can operate on land.

But.......:)
What SQ.jpg

Latest DDV..jpg
Husky-Dog_walks-on_3235523b.jpg

Walking on water is only for SC1's

Interestingly on joint selection you first pass for the SAS you then have to undertake more to pass for the SBS.;):):)

Last edited:

Rover

Reaction score
Two and a half days, Wednesday afternoon is a make and mend.:);)

KADIRATISA

Reaction score
the information ‘will be assessed’ during PRMC, I thought they had scrapped the knowledge test?

Chelonian

Reaction score
the information ‘will be assessed’ during PRMC, I thought they had scrapped the knowledge test?
As mentioned in Post #7 and others in this thread the very basic Corps knowledge is stuff which should be known regardless of whether it is formally tested at PRMC.
A reasonable clue is also hinted at by the document in Post #1 being an 'official' release by CTCRM.

History is important in this context. It inspires and it defines a military unit. Not 'having' to learn it is not good reason for being the individual who doesn't have a scooby if an NCO on your PRMC asks a very simple question about Corps history.

Edited to add: Clearly the question asked in Post #16 was copied and pasted from an earlier question by someone else. The answer stands though.

Last edited:

CallMeLucifer

Reaction score
I'm surprised the sheet didn't mention anything about the Crimean war. I believe one of (if not the first) VC was given to a Royal Marine. Also, Fort Landguard was their 'first baptism of fire', when they repelled a Dutch assault. I didn't know about any of it until I did a reenactment there. It even has a tiny museum for the RM and SBS

EDIT: My mistake, it did.

Last edited:

climbingarborist

Reaction score
The latest Corps Knowledge document for revision and general information is uploaded below.

This is a particularly useful document produced by the training staff at CTC and helps provide an invaluable insight into the level of background knowledge expected.
Wow, thats amazing help thank you.

Would this factsheet be the same for POC candidates?
Sorry to ask so many questions but I am using this lock down to gain as much info as possible. I was looking on some posts for possible example questions and I remember you posted them. Do you still have them and if you do would they apply to those on the POC?

Thank you