Leave during training

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by ado1993, May 11, 2018.

1. ado1993

ado1993 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi all,

I am currently attempting to join the marines as an officer. My brother is getting married abroad next year in the summertime and is pressing me for dates of availability if I were to make it into the marines.In particular, he wants to know of weekend breaks as I will be an important part of the wedding and they need to book a venue. I was wondering does anyone know the schedule of weekend leave for Officer training or how flexible they would be for me to go to the wedding for a few days?

Thanks in advance.

2. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando

The RM only takes one batch of YOs each year and training starts in September. As selection for the 2018 batch is in full swing and you have only just passed your PJFT you will have several hoops to jump through to make this year's batch. If you don't make it then it will be 2019.

Assuming you do make this years intake, then you will be right in the middle of YO training and the only assured time off is in the summer leave period which is in August.

Good luck

Alan

3. ado1993

ado1993 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks for your response. Apologies, I should update my profile- I actually have my POC upcoming for this years intake!

4. Caversham

I saw that after I posted and have amended my original to take that into account.

Alan

5. ado1993

ado1993 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Perfect, thanks. Any idea when in August?

6. Caversham

Unfortunately not the exact dates, but it's normally the last three weeks in August. Hopefully someone with better knowledge than me can clarify.

Alan

7. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Just took a squiz at Ninja's leave date thread. CTCRM Summer Leave ends on Sunday 2 September 2018, if that helps.

8. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    The batch normally forms up on the first Monday of September with CTC leave being the preceding 3 weeks so late August should be safe. Prior to summer leave, you will be mega-busy with two major exercises (crash action and Virginia tempest) and the Cdo tests so don't plan on any weekends off from the start of June to mid-August.

Always remember you can be called back at anytime so ensure you do not commit to anything financial without bomb-proof insurance.

9. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Will the wedding be somewhere hot and exotic? Just me being nosey on a wet, Devon afternoon. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. ado1993

ado1993 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Southern Europe most likely which should be awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  11. stumpylegs

stumpylegs Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Dates I’ve been seeing for summer leave 2018 is 11th August-3rd September for ctc

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Generally, Recruits can expect to be released on the Friday before the first full day of leave at CTCRM. In this case Friday 10 August.

The important bit is that Recruits are required to return from summer leave during Sunday 2 September to resume training on Monday 3 September.

https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/forecast-leave-dates.43737/

• Like Like x 2
  13. ado1993

ado1993 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks all! Really helpful!

• Like Like x 1