leaving my job

biggnick

Reaction score
Hi. I have my joining date of 5th november so I have decided to leave my job today. Does anybody have any suggestions on how would be best to do this. I have already produced my letter to say that I will be leaving, and I will give it to the manager at the end of the day. However, I'm not really sure what to say. I also get on really well with my supervisor and I'm not really looking forward to telling him that I am leaving. Any suggestions on how I should go about this?

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah its easy if you get on with him, hell be understanding and probably just wish you all the best, last job i left i was in the same frame of mind as you but when i spoke to my manager and just explained i was leaving he was fine about it... you *text deleted* remember therell always be hundreds of people ready to jump into your job!

biggnick

Reaction score
cheers for the advice mate. do you think that it would be better to tell my supervisor first of tell the manager first and then my supervisor. I would prefer to tell the manager first as I think he should hear it from me rather than anybody else.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hiya Nick,

Why not ask to see them both at the same time and just be up front & honest about why your leaving mate, thats what i did in a previous, i think they'll appreciate it mate ! :D

biggnick

Reaction score
Ye that sounds like a pretty good idea. will be a bit awkward but it has to be done I guess. In my last job I left without speaking to them so I have never really done this before. I will give it a go though.

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
dude....i aint been on my prmc yet...and ive left my job.

dont worry about it...tell em what your doin...they should be fine

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Mate i want the marines so bad .... cant wait till i'm handing in my resignation ! Lucky man :D

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Shiloh79 said:
Mate i want the marines so bad .... cant wait till i'm handing in my resignation ! Lucky man :D
well..only reason i left is i sold my car...so i can live of the money from that.

plus i can train ful time now...how ever i have got a bit of part time work which is cool

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ive left mine mate. and dont worry what they think......you're leaving!

its only work at the end of the day, im sure they wont take it personally

biggnick

Reaction score
alrite lads. well i did it, and they were great about it. i told them i was joining the marines and they said that i should definatly do it or i would regret it if i didnt do it. they also told me that if anything happens and i drop out of the marines that if they have a vancany at work then they will let me go back no problems at all due to my 'professionalism and great attitude towards work'. wasn't as bad as i thought, so in 3 weeks time i leave and a week later i will be ironing like there is no tomorrow