lecturette

ncik mcdonnell

Reaction score
Just a quick question about the 3 minute lecturette.
Ive got my poc in 6 weeks. I've been working on my lecture for a while now and was just wondering if anyone who has been threw poc previously could advise me on topics to cover etc, so that i know im heading in the right direction.I know its on "yourself" , my query is what to include i.e. school? career expectations? political views etc
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

nick

GreyFox42

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
Just going to throw this out there:

It's a 3min talk on YOU. You shouldn't really need to prepare for this; any halfway decent officer candidate should have the cojones to jibber jabber about hobbies, aspirations, reasons for joining for 180 seconds in front of a few guys. Don't go in with notes or an obviously rehearsed speech: it looks poor. Who knows you better than you? Good luck

Tb1

Reaction score
I've not attended POC but I imagine they are looking for a confident talk, body language and how you handle talking to a group. I would keep it humorous and talk in a more conversational style rather than reading of lists of your achievements.
Just my 2 pence.

Point

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
Yeh good point Tb1. I took the other view to GreyFox42, i think you should write down a few point that you want to get across, whether thats a few jokes or not, and practice it till your hitting each time. I think it shows you have thought about what you want to say and have put some time into preparing for it. Thanks what i did away.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D POC lecturette Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site 1
B 3 Minute Lecturette or Presentation POC Section 3
mike webb lecturette POC Section 4