Lecturette

Tom

Reaction score
I'm struggling to come up with ideas about what to talk about. As it says "you" in the guidance notes I was going to give an account of my life in brief but it doesnt sound exactly exciting. School sport family intrests etc. Just wondering what other people spoke about? might give me a helping hand!
Cheers

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
On my POC the best and most entertaining lecturettes told a story, about an event or incident. Don't go down the "when I was 13 I did this and then I did that route". It's boring and doesn't give a good impression. For example, one lad talked about how he'd been beasted by a beautiful girl up the side of a mountain-bit of humour, kept everyone interested. Rack your brains and i'm sure you can come up with something interesting and entertaining to talk about for 3 minutes. Hope that helps

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
A good idea is to demonstrate a problem you have faced, which needed to be overcome to achieve an objective.

You can use this to illustrate your reasoning skills, management skills, sense of humour, your teamwork, your ability to inspire, humility, how you made the experience profitable & possibly influence future decision-making.

To summarise, you can state the problems, the potential pitfalls, the risk & the final gains - was it worth it?

Ideas: Gaining your first date, gaining a job, getting money out of your parents, gaining a qualification, winning a game, deliberately losing a game, defeating an adversary etc.

Tom

Reaction score
Awesome, yeah just wanted to clear it up and not stand there looking a chump when I'm talking about something completely unintresting *text deleted*. Cheers that helps Il work on it!

Greenlees

Reaction score
I'm planning to do my lecturette on an experience I had in the RMR. Floating in a stinking mud puddle being made an example of to the rest of the troop, and how I responded to it. Will try to tie that in with a bit of an inspirational message for the rest of the lads, as well as a warning not to leave your rifle out of arm's reach. Ever. Douse it in a bit of humour and it should work out ok, assuming I can fit it into 3 minutes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D POC lecturette Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site 1
B 3 Minute Lecturette or Presentation POC Section 3
mike webb lecturette POC Section 4