leg/knee pain please help

danslark

Reaction score
right i have a pain in the center of my leg just below the knee,it hurts wen i bend it. it came on firstly after training last week on Wednesday so i rested until tonight and its back again

anyone had it,or know anything about it.....help! thanks

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is it at the front of your leg or in your calf muscle?

danslark

Reaction score
from wat i can make out this is talking about the actual knee joint being painful,where as my pain is about an inch below the knee...any one got any ideas?

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I had runners knee a few months ago, the pain is not actually in the knee but at the very top of the shin, its where the knee cap no longer runs in alignment and pulls the tendons off course causing pain.

I'm fine now after seeing a physio for a month and doing exercises i got told to do.

Mate nobody on here can diagnose what's wrong with you and nobody on here should definately not be telling you to do any exercises etc to make it better as it could be something a lot more serious, I don't think anybody here has a degree in Physiotherapy?????

Your best bet is to go see a physio at £15-20 it's not much, its *text deleted* be worth it as you could be doing more damage to yourself and the sooner you get it sorted the sooner you can crack on with training.

danslark

Reaction score
yeh i understand that mate,just wondered if anyone had any similar experiences with wat i have now.

im off to see the quack in a minute,got to let my careers office know in the morning whether i can start RT on Monday or not.im going to be absolutely gutted if i have to postpone my date. :evil: so time is against me in regards to the physio. thats why my question may seem a bit bone,*text deleted* im getting worried

cheers dan

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
if its right at the top of your knee its a term called "ogslaterus" i think thats how its spelt . But you Need to hot and cold it for about a month which means ive pack for 5 mins then a hot pack on for 5 mins and so on and do swimming and other non impact cardio. should be gone in a month though. you can go to a physio though and get ultra sound on it hope this helps :wink: good luck

SJ55

Reaction score
Hey Danslark,

I had a problem with the same area of my leg a few years back. about an inch below the knee. turned out i had detached the tendons that join the knee joint and the lower leg and had to have a leg brace fitted and it kept straight for a few months so it could heal! Then heavy Physio afterwards.

I really hope you have not done something that serious! how did it go at the docs?

Cheers,
Steve