Leg weight training

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is it true if you use the aperaters for your legs i.e weights, your performance in running will increase alot. I just heard it off someone but its not running your doing its just weights. If so what is the best method you can do?

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you could go on a run, finish off with some squats and after that do some leg wieghts then the next day rest and then the next day go on your run.

make sure you spend about 20 minutes stretching after it, this will increase strength and flexibility

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Try squat thrusts and star jumps if you can't get to the gym. Also normal squats are very good. Your calfs are important to so tip-toe then go flat on the feet then tip-toe again. Repeat till you feel immense burning.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn't at all help, maybe on calf exercises but a very small bit. What is most important is delivery, so stronger cardiovascular system, that's heart muscle and lung capacity, as well as muscles, but not quite the same that you exercise in weight training.

I'd been training legs for about a year before I started running and I was *text deleted**text deleted*e, I've never found legs a problem though, yes they ache but I can really run them through the mill, it's getting out of breath that's the problem. Bit knackered today though, did heavy leg session on Monday (as a rule I never run on a legs day). 4 miler on Tuesday, 4 mile on treadmill (3 degrees incline) today, and my legs are killing.