Length of RMR training?

reacher89

Reaction score
I have read that the average training time for RMR training is 12-15 months. How does this work? Once you are on the training are you able to complete it at a faster pace if you have the availability or do you go through the whole thing at the same pace with your training troop?

R4Robotics

Spectator
Reaction score
The process for RMR training takes 12-15 months. There is no fast track in the reserves. Not really sure why you would ask the question. It’s like going to regs and saying I know training is 32 weeks but can I do it quicker.

reacher89

Reaction score
The process for RMR training takes 12-15 months. There is no fast track in the reserves. Not really sure why you would ask the question. It’s like going to regs and saying I know training is 32 weeks but can I do it quicker.
It was the 12-15 months that threw me, I wasn’t sure if the range was because you could do it over shorter or longer time frames. Certainly not looking for an easier ride

R4Robotics

Spectator
Reaction score
Fair - The 15 months feels more reasonable. It’s mainly dictated by when CTCRM run the courses.

Sniper11!

Reaction score
I have read that the average training time for RMR training is 12-15 months. How does this work? Once you are on the training are you able to complete it at a faster pace if you have the availability or do you go through the whole thing at the same pace with your training troop?
It's a valid question, bearing in mind the AR run a much more flexible training program for reserves so it can be done as quick as you can offer your time to the training. Part of the challenge of the RMR is consistently being available for the weekends over 15 months. A lot can change in that time, job, home life. Hence the high drop out rate.

Training656

Reaction score
It's a valid question, bearing in mind the AR run a much more flexible training program for reserves so it can be done as quick as you can offer your time to the training. Part of the challenge of the RMR is consistently being available for the weekends over 15 months. A lot can change in that time, job, home life. Hence the high drop out rate.
Hi,
I was wondering if you know anywhere to find out about the RMR training process in detail?
I can find a lot about the Regular RM but when it comes to actual RMR training like what parts are done in your local area and why parts are done at royal marine training centre etc. And where the Fitness assessment is carried out?

thanks for any replies

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if you know anywhere to find out about the RMR training process in detail?
I can find a lot about the Regular RM but when it comes to actual RMR training like what parts are done in your local area and why parts are done at royal marine training centre etc. And where the Fitness assessment is carried out?

thanks for any replies
In simple terms, once you get to Training Troop you spend every 2nd weekend away at a designated military training area doing the required modules.

There are certain modules through the year that require you to go to CTCRM.