Length of training????

Mighty Duck

Reaction score
just wondered how long you train for before your prmc?

i was thinking bout 2 months solid but some people say more some people say less so thought id ask.

cheers guys!

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

i was thinking bout 2 months solid but some people say more some people say less so thought id ask.

cheers guys!

im going for reserves and aiming to get fit for the selection weekend in november, i train daily, with weights, used to do cardio daily too, but thinking about only doing 3/4 days instead of everyday! so back to the point, *text deleted* got 1 month left

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

cheers guys!

i think most of it depends on the speed of your afco and the process itself, i started around the time i handed in my application, and that whole process took about 6 months. but if your afco is fast, i think you could probably trainin from poor fitness to PRMC standard in 2-3 months safely.

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ive trained 8 months now, rather be safe than sorry.

plus i was a real bad pott head and when i started running i couldnt get down my road *text deleted*

C

critchmufc

cheers guys!

depends what state of fitness your in when you start training, 2months is enough for most people

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
ive trained 8 months now, rather be safe than sorry.

plus i was a real bad pott head and when i started running i couldnt get down my road *text deleted*

I smoked cigars everyday for a year,
almost died doing a half mile run when I started,
walked most of it *text deleted*.

C

critchmufc

is say about 3 or 4 months then *text deleted*

do alot of fartlek to increase your stamina

also sprints to increase your running speed

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
it all depends on how fit you are now, if you are a tubby *text deleted**text deleted* like i was then it's *text deleted* take you longer. i started in jan and i still don't think i'm good enough yet. although i did pass my pjft.