Less sleep

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I get usually about 8 hours sleep a day maybe more, more now, as i'm not working. So i do tend to lie in..

Shull i get myself used to staying up all night? just to see how i can handle it and perhaps see whats the best of way of going at it?

I would just most likely sit my 360 all night, and during the day just do what i usually do.. and see how i go?

or shull i just go bed later than usual, and cut my sleep down, to see how i handle it? i would be suggesting, sometimes 3-4 hours, sometimes 5-6 ..

any feedback appreciated

Gareth

Reaction score
It's probly easier to stay awake when occupied with something like your 360. The difficult thing is, staying awake after a 10mile yomp then standing as century for hours on end without nodding off :)

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Guys one thing I noticed when at Lympstone and at home when working for myself, is that the quality of sleep is much more important than duration.

The first 1 1/2 hours of sleep is basically a warm up for the main event. Once you get past this you get into deep sleep mode, this is where your body starts to become paralysed by your brain and the repair work begins.

Here's where things get a bit complicated, the 1 1/2 hours is what it takes an average member of the public to drop into this mode. At Lympstone you'll be in this mode in about 20 - 30 minutes just because you are already very drowsy when hitting the pillow.

On the other hand if you are up playing action games all evening and then hit the pillow, your mind will still be alert, active and you may not get into deep sleep mode for 4 hours if at all.

That's why you might you might feel fresher with just 4-5 sleep down at Lympstone than you do at your home after 7-8 hours.

It's a very complicated thing sleep and everyone is different, but it's just as important to training as your diet and gym work, plus it should me measured in quality and not quantity.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
A good idea is to get your body clock synchronised to the Lympstone Recruit Training work cycle.

I'd advise bed around 22:30, get up around 05:30, if you get used to that before entering training, it will not feel like the middle of the night when you get up and you will actually feel like eating breakfast at this time. If you don't eat breakfast in Recruit Training you will flake-out & then get into trouble for4 not having eaten breakfast. Get used to doing it 7 days a week.

As you're currently not working, you have plenty of time to get out training, perhaps starting each day with your run (remembering to take a rest day each week).

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah i suppose i could Ninja.

My last PRMC i had, lights out were later than 10:30 for all of us, some us never got to bed untill 11:30+ and a few got up at 5..

Also, i can never get to bed early at my house, i just can't.

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
a few months ago i would stay up for about 3 nights playing a stupid ( now i realise ) computer game. i find it easy to stay awake when im very tired because im use to it, But if i put my head on the pillow im out in 5 minutes.

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Question time, *text deleted*! :roll:

Nowadays im up at 0630 for work and sleep around 2330

southerncomfort

Reaction score
I think my sleep pattern is the main problem my training is coming along so slowly. :cry: :cry:

If im lucky I get to bed around 11:00 then up around 1:30 - 2:30 for the babies then up at 5:00 for the day ahead.

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I went to bed at 2 last night and got up at 10:30 .. so i got quite a bit of sleep, then straight onto my game. I've just got back from a run, and since drinking on friday night and also missing a run last night, i felt so out of breath and weak!!

Getting up early and eating first thing really does work! so i'm *text deleted* have to buck my ideas up i think!

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im allergic to sleep...i cant drop off even though im shattered...im up three times minimum for a piss in the night...which in turn keeps me awake...

i swear since being in the army i function on max 5 hours sleep!

i would kill for more..

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
went to bed at about 2:30 last night, got up at 8.. i felt nakerd, all hot itchy feeling. Managed to get straight up even though my eye lids kept dropping, now i feel fine. Hopefully i can do the same tomorrow