Life after rm

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
Hello all hope you are doing well,
So I have been looking but I am unable to find much on life after royal marines. In terms of integrating back into society. What field of Jobs do most people tend go in after they leave. I know a lot become youtubers or start a coffee company but realistically only a few are successful in those particular jobs especially youtubers. So I suppose my questions are - Is it easy to find a job after you leave? - And what types of jobs do people tend to go for?
Stay safe and thanks in advance.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
So I have been looking but I am unable to find much on life after royal marines. In terms of integrating back into society. What field of Jobs do most people tend go in after they leave. I know a lot become youtubers or start a coffee company but realistically only a few are successful in those particular jobs especially youtubers. So I suppose my questions are - Is it easy to find a job after you leave? - And what types of jobs do people tend to go for?
This has been asked a few times but in short:
Any job you want. End of the day civilian jobs don’t care if you were a super hoofing, mega Gucci, jap slapping, ninja bootneck. They care about relevant experience and qualifications.

There’s a big spread of ex forces in the emergency services, and prison service.

It all depends on what you want and what you can do. lads have gone to uni, started companies, you are limited to your imagination.

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
Youtubers and coffee companies. Made me laugh abit. Perhaps a handful of lads have done that.

Bear in mind 100s of lads leave each year. Plenty go into fitness industry, security etc. Equally many go into lines of work you wouldn't expect.

It really varies.

Periphery

Reaction score
Most SQ's offer you trade skills that translates well into the civilian world. I guess one of the Benefits of the Corps over the Army Infantry.

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
This has been asked a few times but in short:
Any job you want. End of the day civilian jobs don’t care if you were a super hoofing, mega Gucci, jap slapping, ninja bootneck. They care about relevant experience and qualifications.

There’s a big spread of ex forces in the emergency services, and prison service.

It all depends on what you want and what you can do. lads have gone to uni, started companies, you are limited to your imagination.
Apologies for asking again I could not find anything on the search function

Chelonian

Reaction score
Apologies for asking again I could not find anything on the search function
No need to apologise. A thread on this topic from a few weeks back:

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
No need to apologise. A thread on this topic from a few weeks back:

Out of interest what is the general stigma around lads who become you tubers and make their whole account based around their time in?

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
Simple. IT’s CRINGE
There are actually a few good ones that help you with your fitness and make videos answering questions samloganfitness is decent and runs a programme called complete commando. Though original human just puts royal marine plays in every title for his videos for views and made a video talking about how he was beaten up at his Units party in front of all the CO etc and no one did anything. I am not sure how true that is maybe a royal can comment on that. @ThreadpigeonsAlpha @Rob20 @SCOTTY6

AsdaOwn

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah some just put commando in the video title whilst they “react” to things.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
There are actually a few good ones that help you with your fitness and make videos answering questions samloganfitness is decent and runs a programme called complete commando. Though original human just puts royal marine plays in every title for his videos for views and made a video talking about how he was beaten up at his Units party in front of all the CO etc and no one did anything. I am not sure how true that is maybe a royal can comment on that. @ThreadpigeonsAlpha @Rob20 @SCOTTY6
Yea I lean toward the eye wateringly cringe. Some are alright I suppose.

SCOTTY6

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
That original human bloke is damn awful. We covered that in another thread, basically there’s two sides to every story. Yeah it’s pretty cringe, doing a buckshee 4 years then basing your entire life about the fact you were in the corps. Move on lads.

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
Can I have the link to the thread please?

Nature's Wish

Reaction score
Truth is infanteering skills don't carry over into Western civilian life for the most part, besides a good work ethic and a can-do attitude. Some industries will value your experience and talents such as private security, fitness and everything others have mentioned. You could be a guide in the rural mountains or you could start up your own outdoor survival club business. Personally I'm thinking forestry maybe even detective work down the line. Nothing beats being outdoors.