Link up with main site

hughbrown

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When is it *text deleted* happen??
And also is it still going to be on the same BB and run by Grewwing and Ninja?
:sad2: It would kinda suck to lose this lekker community, mind you with the amount of trolls/idiots we've been getting lately...

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
When is it *text deleted* happen??
And also is it still going to be on the same BB and run by Grewwing and Ninja?
:sad2: It would kinda suck to lose this lekker community, mind you with the amount of trolls/idiots we've been getting lately...

Ninja put up when it *text deleted* happen on a other thread didnt he?

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Possible at the end of this month, as Ninja works for the MOD it will be up to those that take over to decide that end. I won't be, once this takes affect I'll be no longer.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Possible at the end of this month, as Ninja works for the MOD it will be up to those that take over to decide that end. I won't be, once this takes affect I'll be no longer.

Noooooooo they can't do that! Are they giving you a medal in acknowledgement for the work you have done on here??? If they are'nt we will all chip in and buy you one!

SandTiger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
As long as you don't mind the chocolate money with some string celetaped to it.:biggrin:

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

No you cant go, all the effort you have put in. Guys we *text deleted* get him something for this, we have to make it up to him.

Many thanks greywing,
Luke

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I say we all chip in and send a stripper round his house as a thank you.

hughbrown

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ag its probably selfish to say it but im not looking forward to this,
i prefer it like this.
And ill be sad 2 see u go G_W

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*^

Nooooo no nonono No No no nOOONONONONONO nonono GreyWing why you leave why why???

*text deleted*, your effort on this site is equivalent to a mountain, shame that you will go. :applaus:

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Why don't we all make our own medal up, lets call it the unofficial prmc forum cross.

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ag its probably selfish to say it but im not looking forward to this,
i prefer it like this.
And ill be sad 2 see u go G_W

kind of have to agree there :)

ah well we shall embrace the change, and reap the benefits ( i hope )!

no Greywing would suck aswell

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
As many of you possibly know Greywing set up the site at the beginning of last year as he felt he gained a lot from his time in the Corps & the object of the exercise was to help those that follow.

As things progressed the membership increased & having "spoken" to GW, Ste Preece, and the initial founders, I agreed to help out on the site to help give current careers advice about 18 months ago because we (the Royal Navy & Royal Marines) need to increase successful RM recruiting figures.

The popularity of the site has continued and GW offered the site to the RM as a gift - by this time it had gathered a good deal of momentum, was being noticed and was top of the Google searches. The end product is that it's seen as an asset to recruiting and is currently undergoing changes prior to being "morphed" onto the official website, if all continues to go to plan.

The problem with running the site is that it demands a lot of time - GW has his own business to run & I have a (related) full time job (no-one gets paid to run the site incidentally contrary to popular myth & GW has kept it void of any direct advertising), so logic dictates that the burden will be gradually spread to other serving Royal Marines as the site continues to grow.

For the time being I'll still be around to help the transition and hopefully help with regard recruiting advice, but obviously the best ones to advise the "in service" aspects are those currently in the Corps. As GW has already stated, there's a lot going on and it's very difficult to keep pace of things as they happen so your help and co-operation would be very much appreciated so that we can action the important stuff as quickly as possible. If you see something that's out of order, inaccurate or otherwise needs removing, all we ask is that you click on the hazard triangle (anonymously) of the offending post and give us a short sentence of what's wrong with it.

When we know definitive timescales we'll let you all know.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well, thanks, this is a great resource and I'm sure it will only get better. Also, a big thank you to ninja who - pretty much does what he gets paid for for free out of his own time.

PS: sorry for the random cr@p I have posted of the last few months :)

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
not as much crap/immature insults/immature stories/text speak as i have

New Threads