London Half Marathon anyone running?

RM_Bandit

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Is anyone else running the Half Marathon in October?

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/EdwardFabre

This is my fundraising page, I'm trying to get as much money as possible for the two charities and the money will be split 50/50. Any money people can give will be brilliant.

I'm aiming for a 1hr30min time but will try and get faster if I can.

RM_Bandit

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you mate. I hope this will be a good stepping stone to a full marathon some point next year. I would love to do the London one but places are incredibly hard to get so may end up being another smaller one. Both charities are worthy in my eyes and i'll be raising as much as i can for both over the next year or two before I join

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I'm doing the Great North Run in September, going to try and do a full marathon next year.
I'm all for H4H but I tend to stray away from massive charities like cancer research UK; they get millions from celebrities and rich do-gooders, I think it's better to focus more on the ones that don't get loads of funding (not that I'm disregarding your charity of choice, it's still a brilliant thing to do and every penny helps), like help for heroes and other little charities, I give some money each month to my local homeless shelter and kennels, and I'm doing some charity work for H4H over the summer, as well as raising money for them with the GNR.

Anyway sorry for boring you mate, in a bit of a pensive mood tonight, good luck on your run and well done for doing it for worthy causes :shakehands:

RM_Bandit

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that's a fair point about the massive charities. I've only chosen Cancer Research as it's something more personal to me. Good luck with the run. My ultimate run would be the jungle marathon 200 miles in the jungle over several days but it costs several thousand to enter and i just don't have that money at the moment aha

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Started you off Bandit.

Good luck!

RM_Bandit

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers mate. No idea how much I'm aiming to raise but several hundred would be nice. 7 months left to raise money so hopefully I can get a fair amount

j05h94

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Do you mind me asking how you enter it? Me and my friend were planning in doing it for h4h and can't really find much about how to enter it via a charity

RM_Bandit

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to do it via charity but it only costs ?46 to enter then you can just make a page like i have.

pretty sure you got to contact the charity and get some sort of pin from them to put it as you sign up but not sure