London Selection

letsrole

Reaction score
Dates confirmed for the weekend of 28th Sept, anyone going to be joining me?

robz400

Reaction score
Assuming i get all the admin sorted in time i'll be there....:smile1:

robz400

Reaction score
Im in between London and Portsmouth so could go to either really. Ive visited both and Portsmouth seems smaller but i think i prefer that so will probably go there. Also if i pass and go on to speacilise Portsmouth are good for the raiding craft :smile:

Hows about yourself?

letsrole

Reaction score
Ill be at Henley. What type of training are you doing at the moment? Does your holding troop start next week? Ours does, looking forward to the trashings!

sudetenland

Reaction score
London presenation evening? ,signup help!

Hi guys, I'm trying to join RMR in London, does anybody know when the next presentation evening is? (and where is this held) or where I can apply to join? hopefully I'll see a few of you in September cheers

Chemist

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know how frequently RMR London is foing intakes at the moment? When I was last there it was twice a year, but now I have this idea that it's roughly every 9 months?? Can anyone confirm that or shed light. I know they have the next intake in September.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

MI64

Reaction score
Im training with RMR London and have been told 3rd of September is when there all back

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is that when the new batch starts mate? How exactly does it work, is there only a certain amount of people that start training?

MI64

Reaction score
Dont know mate,Was just told they were back from leave 3rd september.
Dont know how it works mate, Im just doing the training with them

Sid001

Reaction score
The 1st Wednesday of every month is when they intake, bring with you a notebook and pen and make sure you are there by 19:15 latest.

Chemist

Reaction score
Guys,
By Intake I meant how often London is running Selection for a new training troop. It used to be twice a year but I read a while back that it was moving to 3 intakes every 2 years, which is roughly every 8 months. I was hoping somebody could confirm that.

Thanks.

Sid001

Reaction score
Oh right. :doh: Well the next one is september and then the one after that is Feb. So its 2 a year. Hope this helps.

Chemist

Reaction score
Feb you say? Glad to hear it's sooner than May. Cheers for the info.

MI64

Reaction score
The 1st Wednesday of every month is when they intake, bring with you a notebook and pen and make sure you are there by 19:15 latest.

Sid I take it your Training Team down there???

Sid001

Reaction score
No, just a guy who busts his ass every wednesday night trying to get in shape.

stillborne

Reaction score
Guys does anyone know when the first selection weekend in 2009 will be?(approx. what month?)..Also can one attend holding troop if you cant swim!? cheers

Chemist

Reaction score
Stillborn - if you can't swim you won't be passing Selection. It's part of the tests and even if you can swim if you're not strong enough in the water you won't pass. But as for Holding Troop we were never required to swim on the training evenings. Well, unless you count crawling/floating through the Tank Trap on the assualt course which was full of stagnant water swimming :)

I've heard that next London Selection is end of Feb time but I've not had that officially.