Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Long-term training plans?

Discussion in 'Training Plans and Diet Suggestions' started by zarcher48, Mar 23, 2020.

1. zarcher48

zarcher48 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I'm 18 and hoping to go to uni this year (if not this year then next). Want to either Join the UOTC (for the leadership skills) or the RMR (for the green lid) whilst at uni. I'm wondering if anyone has some good long-term strength and conditioning programmes. Right now I would describe my level of fitness as *text deleted* so I'm trying to find something that I can progress with and also prepare properly for RT.

Edit: about me: 6'3, currently 115kg (I've sorted my diet and the weight is coming down though, aiming for about 85-90kg depending on how I feel when I get there)

2. browner467

browner467 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I’d follow the Official 12 week RM pre PRMC training program - starts of easy and builds you up

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trooper149

Trooper149 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Good stuff with the weight loss mate. Trust, once you have lost the excess weight, you will "unlock" alot of possibilities as far as pushing your body goes.

I'd say the pre-prmc programme is a good blueprint to follow.

Just don't neglect stretching and good strength training.

Get yourself comfortable with weights and gradually build yourself upto being able to competently perform front squat, deadlift, ab wheel roll outs, bodyweight dips and pull ups.

If you can perform those movements with additional weight, then your overall "postural equilibrium" is in a good place and propensity for injury will be minimalised. After that, just focus on maxing your PRMC training.

Check out materials by Charlies Poliquin, Paul Chek, Verkoshanksy, Mel Siff and Pavel Tsatsouline. Very original guys as far as their knowledge goes. These guys shaped the modern day athleticism we see now.