Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Long Wait

Discussion in 'Overseas Section' started by LawrenceJAB, May 9, 2019.

1. LawrenceJAB

LawrenceJAB New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi
    So I submitted my application on 8/12/2018 for Royal Marines Commando. I was later assigned a recruiter about a month and a half- two months ago. My colleagues already have gotten medical questionnaires, filled them and sent them back to the UK. I have been trying to contact the careers office and they keep referring me back to my recruiter who's not responding to calls, emails or texts. This can be an overwhelming situation to be in. Please advise me accordingly, thanks

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Welcome to the site.

Once you register your interest online, they send you a link to complete the full application online. Once eligibility is confirmed, for overseas applicants (of which there are over 5000!) they will email out the necessary documents which need to be printed, completed and posted back to UK for the next stage (Triage Medical).

The Overseas Desk is currently receiving about 120 applications a day and over 2000 telephone & text messages every week from Commonwealth applicants/enquirers and a similar number of email enquiries. It has got to the extent the additional enquiries are actually choking the processing output capacity. Extra personnel have been drafted in to help deal with the situation.

All we can advise is that overseas applications are in excess of the requirement but they are being processed in date order where possible. However, in many cases, some details on the initial application are incomplete, which makes it very difficult to move forward. It's worth logging-in and checking the application portal to see if there are any "Requests For Information" (RFI) in order to move your application forward. In the meantime there unfortunately isn't the capacity to respond to repeated emails, texts and phonecalls.

To navigate around the recruiting portal, the document in this thread will hopefully assist: https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/using-the-recruiting-portal.118553/

3. LawrenceJAB

LawrenceJAB New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Considering I have already been assigned a recruiter, is that somewhat a guarantee that I will get a response to my application considering I included all the necessary information?

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Odds are you have been assigned to the Careers Adviser that runs the Overseas Desk (London AFCO) unless you have nominated a UK residence address for a careers office outside of London under which you will be processed.

It means your application has been received, in date order and will be processed, assuming all the requested information is supplied.