Look at life course 4 days before PRMC

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
At college i do a Uniformed Services course and a few of us are getting the option to go to Lympstone again on the 'Look at life' 5 day course. I've been before and it was a great experience, really enjoyed it but really hard work. That was back in December. Now theres another one and they asked if i wanted to go again and i just couldn't deny it.

It will last from the 12th - 16th and my PRMC is on the 20th. Do you think it will be alright? I'll have a good 3 full solid days to recover before heading out for PRMC.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The call is entirely your own but as you have already undergone a L@L recently it would be a great shame if you were to pick up an injury that prevents you passing PRMC for the sake of undergoing something you've already experienced.

Speak to your Careers Adviser at the AFCO if in doubt.

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
In terms of recovery you'd b absolutely fine, 3 days is ample time to rest for the big one

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah i might give them a ring. I shouldn't get injured, i didn't before but then you never know. The guy at college who put me on it is an ex regimental sergeant major in the Army he persuaded me to go on it because at first i wasn't going to.

The biggest hassle will be going all the way to Lympstone, all the way back, and then all the way there again 4 days later. But that doesn't bother really.

The only negative about it is the possibility of an injury really i suppose?

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Personally mate if you have been before and maybe even if you haven't I'd stick away and prepare without it.

Yes it would be fantastic to go with your mates and watch their faces as they are impressed by those that join, but a disciplined approach to this would be best.

Keep your eye on the big prize of joining RT, the week before prmc you should be powering down your training and not increasing it.

Plus if you hang back on the L@L weekend and try and avoid injury, your going to look a little silly coming 20th on a run your L@L and then the next week passing a prmc. Your mates will then may then start to think "what kind of unfit people are they alowing in there, or you can go flat out and get an injury.

Your in a no win situation, not the best kind of battle to get involved in.

All the best
GW

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm.. yeah it would probably be sensible to miss it really now that i think about it.

New Threads