loosing it guys need help!

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
arite lads, i just wanted to no if theres anything that can keep me motivated on joining the royal marines , i failed my interview in march over my nerves and what i knew about the core and he told me to come back in september and thats a month away, all ive been doing is fitness for 6 months which has been so boring *text deleted* im already fit and waiting has been horrible and now its kind of just fading away.
I no everything about the core now and i no i will pass my next interview (touch wood), my life is set on becoming a commando and dont want anything else more than this but i need something to keep my head sorted on joining them and want the buzz i used to get when just thinking about it, i bought the commando on the frontline series and it didnt realy help that much as it was only half the episodes, im on the site everynight aswell but i just cant feel the exitment as i used to feel.

please give me some ideas guys

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Set yourself small goals and the time will fly by... That's the best I've got for you if you're already clued up on your Royals knowledge and your fitness is good.

Good luck mate.

Nutty_Edwards

Reaction score
unlucky about failing the interview

but if you have trained and prepared for 6 months, your bound to pass :biggrin:

My advice would be ... read up on RM history like priar sed but sometimes, when im unmotivated if its because im bored or tired ... i either listen to motivating music (which is for training) but also i watch RM tribute videos on youtube ... which motivate me.

Good luck with your up coming interview :rock:

Matt2085

Reaction score
I watched something last night called "The 55 year old commando" which filmed Chris Terrill (who filmed Commando: On the front line) through his training, instead of watching him filming the young lads around our age.

That motivated me more then anything else I've watched or seen: if that old *text deleted**text deleted*er can do it, then I sure as hell will or die trying! (no offence to him on the old bit, top guy for doing the full training and living at Lymphstone with the rest etc)

I can't describe how it was motivational exactly, but today I've pushed myself harder then ever, and how I'm feeling at the moment that will continue for sure!

PS: no offence here, but you said your "already fit".. I doubt you could ever be fit enough for the RM training, I wouldn't take how hard it's going to be with a pinch of salt, there must be a reason for so many people to drop out...

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I was thinking, surely if 55 year old Chris Terrill could do it then so can I, if he managed it when many people in the prime of their life failed. You can watch it on here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QW4_P1vMXc

Be if being a commando is what you really want, then that's motivation enough. Just think about passing the interview. Once you have passed that you will be motivated again to get through the next stage.

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
That guy is hard as nails! Reeeesssssspect:applaus:

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thanks lads an ive seen the 55 year old commando, its on the bonus features on the dvd i bought of commando on the frontline an yes hes nails *text deleted* this gets me motivated to like but i dont no realy, i just dont get the same feelings i used to