Loosing Muscle

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ive always been a big guy! and as im running around 8-10miles a day ive noticed my muscle in my arms is going

anything i can do to get them back or keep them? the past 2 days i haven't run and just done weights, and ive noticed the muscle coming back after a good weight session

any advice?

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
theres nothing good about being bulky, marine training is more about endurance

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
dont run so far every time, short runs are better for building fitness than long distance slow running.

Tomtom

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
In my opinion the best thing to do is just incorporate weight training into your current training regime, and just run shorter distances, faster (as was said above). Do your running in the morning for instance and do weights at night. As was also stated above the marines arnt looking for bulky people or people who can lift heavy weights for only a few reps. They want endurance, so what i tend to do in my weight training is do the occasional heavy weight, low rep session, but mostly just stick to a light-ish weight, and between 8-12 reps. so your maintaining your current muscle mass while training for endurance, also remember to keep doing your body weight exercisers, e.g puch ups, sit ups, dips, pull ups.