Lossing motivation fast, Plz help.

Ipodbob

Reaction score
Recently i passed my prmc and was training hard until i found out i cant join until oct 27th, when i was told already by my afco he had in theory saved me a spot on sept 15th, i was happy as larry when i passed my prmc and told my afco. He replied on the phone i sorted out your date and you should be on your way on sept the 15th. <-- he even said it.

Anyway got my letter threw saying 27th oct and ever since i've been really struggling to find the energy / motivation to get training. Im still training just not as hard or fast and i can feel my fitness running away or lack of haha.

Any tips on getting me back on the straight and narrow would be awesome i know this is a bit of a downer but i feel like im in a bit of a rut.

I just ran 4.15 miles in 31 mins where i feel i should be knocking off 3-5 mins off that easy.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
join a club, martial arts, sports, BMF, and get yourself a training partner.

M

MTW

i dont see what the problem is *text deleted* mate? i have to wait ages, but i cant wait for it, thats motivation enough for me........i think if you need any motivation, think about turning up to RT unfit and looking like a bit of a pleb.

Ipodbob

Reaction score
i dont see what the problem is *text deleted* mate? i have to wait ages, but i cant wait for it, thats motivation enough for me........i think if you need any motivation, think about turning up to RT unfit and looking like a bit of a pleb.
i think you just hit the nail on the head there :fly: i *text deleted* sort it out i dont *text deleted* be a pled and i do *text deleted* pass RT, simple as.
"slaps self round the face" :rock:. lets get it on.

MrBannister

Reaction score
Hello mate, one thing which you should be thinking is, the DS staff down at CTC think you have the self belief , grit and determination to be a RMC, first of all dont let them down and second of all determination is a KEY factor in all RM's.

Ill put it to you like my father would to me, .... shut up , train hard and be a man, things could be worse, you could be down the pit like me.

This is your chance mate, and how well you do now will proberly reflect how well *text deleted* *text deleted* do at CTC , when its cold, wet and *text deleted**text deleted*.

MOTIVATION will pull you through pal, u can do it !

M

MTW

i think you just hit the nail on the head there :fly: i *text deleted* sort it out i dont *text deleted* be a pled and i do *text deleted* pass RT, simple as.
"slaps self round the face" :rock:. lets get it on.

thats the spirit old bean.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I passed my PRMC on 9th may, and waiting till sept 15th to start training.
It might be worth having a few weeks easy training, just a few runs a week and stuff, then up it a lot before.

But as said, if you want to be a royal marine keep training, if you dont then stop and give up.

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
That extra wait means you get get your swimming and that sorted fully, and believe me the pool sessions can be painfull, alot more so than a usual 'extra phys', make sure you're swimming technique is right for a start, keep smashing the sprints, get your cardio through the roof.

Ipodbob

Reaction score
what do you do in the swimming sessions, my technique is good as i used to do it when i was a lot younger, but do u just do constant lengths or swimming with kit on. Would be nice to know.

I usually swim a mile when i go swimming 2 breast stroke moderate, 1 front crawl fast as humanly possible.

"I didnt hear no bell, one more round" put a smile on my face.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score

Any tips on getting me back on the straight and narrow would be awesome i know this is a bit of a downer but i feel like im in a bit of a rut.
Frankly if you're struggling to remain focussed now after such a minor setback, you need to seriously consider whether you are emotionally equipped to cope with the roller coaster of recruit training. Officer Recruits have to sometimes wait as much as 11 months after passing selection before starting training.

Everyone has self-doubts, but to lose heart over something as trivial as an extra month's free physical preparation prior to starting recruit training, means you must really use the time constructively.

Best of luck to you - believe in yourself- you've already passed selection.

Ipodbob

Reaction score
There is a lot more to it than just that, my emotional status at lympstone was completely different than at home. I felt like i could go on for hours at the end of day 2, my legs hurt but i would of ran 12 miles if i had to. Other factors like family, money, job and my general town aren't helping, i came here to find some focus and advice and i did. Im stepping up my training and *text deleted* give it my all, I know can see that i have one chance at this and im not going to *text deleted**text deleted* it up by being ill prepared when i have the chance to do something about it.
They way i see it now, this topic can be deleted. I am focused, even after my *text deleted**text deleted* stain of a moan.

D

Deleted

Go training with one of your mates, that should focus you. If he's not terribly fit, be a personal trainer or something for him, and get him on your regime. Have him as like a project, something to keep the mind ticking over.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
There is a lot more to it than just that, my emotional status at lympstone was completely different than at home. I felt like i could go on for hours at the end of day 2, my legs hurt but i would of ran 12 miles if i had to. Other factors like family, money, job and my general town aren't helping, i came here to find some focus and advice and i did. Im stepping up my training and *text deleted* give it my all, I know can see that i have one chance at this and im not going to *text deleted**text deleted* it up by being ill prepared when i have the chance to do something about it.
They way i see it now, this topic can be deleted. I am focused, even after my *text deleted**text deleted* stain of a moan.
:applaus: mate you have come quite a long way, from what i feel, i would find it very hard to lose focus especially since you have completed the PRMC. If anything the extra time and preparation is what you really need, get your head down, crack on and just think in 32+ weeks time you will have the green beret. Don't give it up mate, i'm glad you've come to your senses!

John_Lar

Reaction score
Do you have a training partner? If not joing a running club, they're a great hub to meet new people but to also get motivated.