Low Blood Pressure

clarkygx

Reaction score
Hey people,

I'm in year 12 at school and so have a year left before I leave education, and thinking about joining the Marines when i do... but do you think they won't let me in because I have an amazingly low blood pressure? *text deleted* it should be 120/80....but mine is 95/65....my doctor was suprised I'm alive and walking, but he said it's much better to have lower blood pressure than higher blood pressure. But do you think that this may stop me from joining? I asked the doctor and he said if they did let me in the Marines it would certainly raise it!

Cheers,

Clarky

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well it doesnt hamper your performance in anyway or pose any medical risks then i dont see why not

Aussie89

Reaction score
wow that is low. i can honestly say i have no idea about the marines but as said above if it hasnt affected you i dont see why not.
good luck with it all anyway mate

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Welcome to the site mate,

Be very careful of low blood pressure, it can be just as dangerous if not more so than high blood pressure. Remember that a low pulse rate is a good sign of fitness, not low blood pressure.

Your blood pressure is a major factor in 2 major things when it comes to exercise a) Getting oxygen around the body and b) Cooling your body temperature.

If the pressure is low, it may be because your diet is lacking in essential salts which also deal with cooling.

One big problem will be just after exercising, if you don't do a proper warm down you could feel a bit light headed and often blackout.

Personally mate I'd do some research into it and mention it in any medical with the Doctor who attends the AFCO. Don't hide it from them whatever you do. Might be best to start writing down your diet and what you are eating, so you can show it to him if there are any problems. He maybe able to advise how to improve it if there is anything missing.

But ultimately make sure you have some really, really qualified person in this field tell you about your condition.

All the best
GW